“LOVE this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“LOVE this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I used to stay here years ago, and revisited in january. The staff is so accommodating and lovely. Orlando is extra awesome:-). The room was impeccably clean, and love the simplicity of the decor. Can't beat the location.. quaint and perfect#

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I used to live in San Francisco so I'm familiar with the Tenderloin. Would have thought they'd have cleaned it up by now. As a lady traveling solo it was not fun walking on the street near hotel.

However, the hotel itself was a nice surprise. Rooms are well-appointed and as a designer I appreciated the decor. Staff was nice and I liked some of the touches such as lemon water on arrival and coffee available at all times.

Price was reasonable for SF. Would I stay here again? If I really wanted to be close to gallery where event was. Otherwise, probably no. Prefer staying closer to Embarcadero for restaurants and walking. But it was a good stay all in all.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors and quiet room on booking.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel Adagio is a beautiful hotel in the heart of SF. Currently it is undergoing a minor external facelift; however, the interior is already completely redone.

Walls are thin.
If you stay on the weekend and get a room on the side that faces the outdoor restaurant, prepare for late night noise.

This hotel caters to a younger crowd, so set your expectations accordingly.

New Go-To Hotel in SF.

PS: hotel bar is nice. The Bartender was FANTASTIC!

Room Tip: Stay away from the outdoor Restaurant side
Green Features: Typical Marriott superiority. Always the best. Two day stays I typically refuse the daily cleaning. Good practice to get into.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel through Marriott. Upon arrival I was told that my room had been given to another guest who had four people in their party as they were sold out. I had booked two queen beds and was placed at this hotel by Marriott as that was the only one that would guarantee two beds. There were three adults in our party. I was told that one adult would sleep on the sofa bed. I explained we were booked here because we specifically asked for two queen beds. I was then told that I would possibly have a room the next day. I asked if the person in our party could then have their own room which was refused as they stated they were full. I was told I could call around town and see if other Marriotts had two beds. After showing them my printed reservation in which I had made several months ago they finally found a room. The sheets were clean but the room had a foul odor and had not been dusted in awhile. The iron was broken, we requested a new one, but none were available. The light above the mini bar was burned out and we requested a replacement. Never happened. The mini-bar is the refrigerator that they stock so there is no room for your personal items. In the ad it appears there are both. There was green mold in the bathroom above the shower. We had requested a late check out time but the front desk refused and told us to call the next day. The next morning we again called and asked for a later 30 minute check out and we were refused They did agree to store our bags. We are Marriott Silver members and never had a problem before. The internet at this hotel rarely worked for us. The TV was not reliable and the channels in the evening were snowy. The neighborhood is close to Union Square but I would not venture to the other side of the hotel. There is a lot of street noise, but we found once in our room on the 8th floor it was quite.
There are some excellent employees working there ,Staff at the bar were excellent and offered us dinner even though there was only a few minutes left until the kitchen closed. Food was fresh and prepared well. The waitress and bartender were very informative and professional. The maid was also very kind. But the front desk really needs to be trained and not turn away loyal Marriott customers. I would not stay here again just because of the way we were treated by the staff when we checked in. Not to mention all the broken items and mold in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quite.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
David M, Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I realize that we let you down on several fronts and have shared your comments with all departments to ensure that we minimize the likelihood of them happening to other guests. I know that during your stay, the hotel was sold out but I wish the Front Desk had just been upfront with that and provided the required room at your first request. I truly appreciate your feedback and am confident that if you choose to stay with us again, you will have a very different experience.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had stayed at this property before it changed to a Marriott property and remodeled. The improvements are notable. The employees are great and go out of their way to accommodate you. Rooms are very nice and clean. I needed ice and room service never showed but the good news is there is a little deli/grocery that sells ice on the same block. Lots of great places to eat in the area. If you have a car there is a parking lot next to the hotel that is much less expensive that hotel valet.

Green Features: Good program and you can get additional Marriott points
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. We really appreciate your feedback and the recommendation. So happy to hear you enjoy staying at the Hotel Adagio. Thank you both for the business and for your Marriott loyalty.
Rancho Santa Margarita
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff here was very friendly and helpful and coffee is offered 24 hours a day in the lobby. Our friends stayed also and their rate was quite a bit less than ours as they reserved their room closer to our stay than we did. The rooms are small, but generally that is expected in a boutique hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, try to get a room on a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and for the review. I am delighted to hear that our staff made a positive impression on your stay. We honestly look forward to your return visit to San Francisco.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location, nice clean well appointed rooms, free coffee 24 hours a day in the lobby and a very friendly efficient front desk staff all leed to a great stay. I will stay here again. Its an older property but totally redone and modern.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
David M, Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you John K for both the review and recommendation. I am so happy to hear that you appreciate how we try and blend the charm of a historic building with all the sophistication of a modern interior. With the painting of the buildings exterior nearly finished, we are close to being the shining gem on Geary Street. We cannot wait for your return so we can show off our facelift. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!