“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dixon, California
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great hotel right in the middle of the city. Very quiet at night. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to be near Union Square. Just two blocks up from all of the shopping in the square. The rooms were also very nice.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were pleasantly surprised with the Adagio hotel. Just a few blocks away from the center of downtown, Union Square, this was the perfect location for us urbanites. I was worried that there would be excessive street noise because it is right on Geary street, but our room was very quiet and peaceful.

As of mid December 2014, they were in the process of an exterior remodel, but it did not affect any of the operations on our visit. There is also a nice bar and restaurant adjacent to the lobby, should you need an aperitif before your nights on the town.

The vibe is more adult rather than family oriented. And, although the Adagio is affiliated with Marriott, it still feels more boutique compared to the other large properties in the vicinity.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The location is very good, close to Union Square, but far enough away to not be too crazy. Check in was fine with a short wait, staff cordial and the room was very clean. The room was a good size, for San Francisco. I travel lots and when I think of a boutique hotel, I hope for some surprises, something that I might not find in a chain hotel. Though the hotel is in an old building, the decor inside is not unique. We could have been in any other Marriott hotel (or Hilton or Raddison). Three times we decided to have some coffee or tea in the lobby and each time, the pot was dry. I asked for a taxi and was guided to a town car, which I was told was the same cost. We were heading across town and it cost 65% more than the cab ride back to the hotel. I also have a pet peeve about wifi, it should be included in the rooms as part of room price. We only got one wash cloth. So, we were comfortable and it was a pretty good value, but I will continue my search for a true boutique hotel in San Francisco.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I travel on business to San Francisco a few times a year and have been staying at Hotel Adagio for a couple of years. It can be very expensive to stay in downtown SF and this hotel is one of the best values.

It is part of Marriott's "Autograph Collection" of hotels whatever that means, but I like it! Hotel Adagio is located not far from Union Square, but is it not over looking the "square". That is one of the things I like about the location, not overrun with tourists, but a short walk/cab to anything you need. If you are looking for a hotel with a "grand" lobby, large bar area or something on a large scale, Hotel Adagio is not that. This hotel has an urban style and is very comfortable. After traveling all week, I had dinner at the bar and appreciated the small plate menu options. After eating out all week the last thing I wanted was another large meal. I had breakfast twice and dinner once during this stay and everything was excellent and served with a smile. Every employee I encountered greeted me with a "hello" and genuine desire to make my stay the best it could be.

The rooms are clean and spacious enough with a sitting area with sofa and coffee table and desk for work time.

I have always made every attempt to stay at Hotel Adagio on my visits to San Francisco and recommend you give a try.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
David M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you Brian for taking the time to write a review and for the great recommendation. I am so pleased that you "get us". We try and blend a historic building with a more urban and sophisticated interior and deliver a service experience that connects the two. Sounds like you were able to take in the entire Adagio-experience with Mortimer's and we love that! Cannot wait for your next visit and we hope to hear more about your San Francisco adventures.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We actually stayed here last November (2013) but it was a great hotel and I wanted to give it a good review. We were there for just a brief stay in San Fransisco before going to wine country. The location was very central to getting around the city. The hotel itself had an attentive staff, rooms were pleasant and clean, and it seemed well-insulated with not too much street noise. We would stay here again and recommend it to others. The price was also reasonable.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
David M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much murdy for taking the time to share your kind words. I am so happy to hear that our staff was able to take care of any and all requests. While we do try and blend a historic building with a sophisticated interior, it is the staff that really creates the experience. Thank yo again for the review and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.
North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one night with friends. The property is located within anything you could want downtown. The property is a finely appointed boutique hotel. Every person on the staff went out of their way to make sure we had an excellent stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Temecula, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Adagio. Eric Waldron the Concierge was exceptional. He coordinated both dinner and a show with almost no notice. He was able to get us into an exclusive SF restaurant that normally requires several months notice.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank You Josh for taking the time to share your experiences. I am delighted to hear that Eric was able to take care of you. He is an exceptional Concierge and I am so happy that he is here at the Hotel Adagio. We really appreciate your comments and cannot wait for you to return to San Francisco.

Been to Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!