“...” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Anaheim, California
“...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

great location, we didnt even use our rental, from union square you can go anywhere with the tour buses. The hotel is nice and modern, rooms are nice and comfortable too, service is great and breakfast is great as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Radu_Botnari,

Thank you for your fabulous feedback on your experience at Hotel Adagio. We are constantly striving to provide the best accommodations and service that San Francisco has to offer! Thank you for recognizing our efforts. It's great to learn of your comfort in our newly renovated hotel and that our modern and sophisticated style was to your liking. We appreciate and value your 5 star review and look forward to serving you again soon.

Kindest Regards,
John Parker, General Manager

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Adagio for 3 nights April 26-29,2013 to celebrate my birthday. This was the second part of my trip after spending 4 glorious days in Sonoma at the Sonoma Lodge Renaissance Resort & Spa. Needless to say my expectations were high when I booked a room at a hotel that is part of Marriott's Autograph Collection of boutique hotels. I should have known something was awry due to the deeply discounted rates. The hotel lobby has been nicely renovated but when I noticed that the cover on the control panel in the elevator was missing and replaced with duck tape I knew this was going to be a problematic experience. I'm a frequent Marriott customer and have acquired Platinum status. I'm aware that upgrades aren't guaranteed but I expect at least a step up from a standard room. Therefore, prior to arriving I requested a Grand Skyline room that includes a sofa. Upon my arrival, they acted as if they upgraded me by giving me a corner standard room. The decor needed improvement but more importantly, it was filthy. The counter in the bathroom still had traces of soap from the previous guest, there was mold on the caulking around the bath tub and the toilet seat was loose. I was running late for an engagement and planned to speak with a manager upon my return that evening. I returned to the hotel around 10:15 PM and wanted a cup of tea. Unfortunately, there was no coffee maker or cups to be found. I called the front desk to inquire about this oversight and was informed that the “coffee makers are not standard and must be requested upon check-in.” Well, it would have been nice to have been informed of this upon check-in. Therefore, I went to the dining area to get a carafe of hot water for my tea. Then I decided I wanted a bite to eat. I was informed by the front desk that the kitchen closed at 10. What?!.....at 10PM on a Friday night in San Francisco? That was ridiculous. When I asked to speak with a manager regarding the issues about my room I was told that there is no manager on staff until the next morning. When I called to speak with a manager @ 8:30 the next morning everything went from bad to worst. For the next 2 hours I tried to get in touch with a manager named "Erving" who mysteriously never showed up for work. Finally, I contacted the customer Platinum service line who transferred me to the Autograph Collection's customer service. I expressed my disdain for the conditions of the room to which I was given and he in turn contacted the hotel directly where he spoke with Angela. I had also spoken with Angela who told me that “Erving” was supposed to be the manager on duty. However, the representative from the Autograph Collection had better results since he expressed to Angela the urgency of having a manager contact me ASAP and that my room needed to be changed. Around 11AM I received a call from Maria (the actual manager on duty the entire weekend) who expressed her apologies and said that if my things were packed they would relocate me to a different room. Needless to say I never unpacked. Anyway, I requested the upgrade I should have received and asked if one of the Suites were available. She was able to accommodate me and when I returned to the hotel later that afternoon my new accommodation was a penthouse suite! Now that's what I'm talking about. A far cry from that hole I was previously in. The room was spacious and clean. This is where they should have placed me in the beginning. The only other issue worth mentioning was the use of the computer in their business office. There should not be a charge to access the internet. Evidently, you're allowed to print boarding passes for free but there is a charge for general use of the internet and printing. However, I spoke with a front desk attendant (I think her name is Whitney) and she promptly removed it from my bill. In conclusion, If you want to enjoy your stay here, request a Penthouse Suite.

Room Tip: Get a Penthouse Suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear mochajazz1,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience described in your review. We do apologize for any miscommunications or inconveniences that occurred. Thank you for understanding that, although we greatly appreciate your Marriott brand loyalty and will always recognize our Marriott Rewards Members, upgrades are not guarantee. While we regret that your first room location did not fit your preference, we are happy that we were able to accommodate your upgrade request and that your relocation exceeded your expectations. We have followed up on your comments and appreciate your valued feedback. Your business and continued patronage are extremely important to us. Please know that we take great pride in providing our guests with the impressive and comfortable stay they deserve, and hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest on your next visit to San Francisco.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Really cool little boutique hotel 3 blocks from Union Sq, close to the theatres, restaurants, next to Waldrens, easy for take outs and dining out. Hotel staff was polite, friendly and helpful, the bar was always fun as it got full with the pre theatre crowd every night, and the food was nice. No real restaurant used although there was one out the back. Strange. Loved my room, clean and modernised. Extremely comfortable bed. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they are bigger.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Lynda G,

We're excited that you loved our brand new look and feel, as well as our amazing location! Our multi-million dollar renovations are simultaneously incredible and comfortable! Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Adagio. We do hope your travels bring you back to San Francisco soon and give us the pleasure of having you as our guest again.

John Parker, General Manager
Rancho Santa Fe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had three rooms for ourselves, two children & our daughter's boyfriend for two nights. The hotel creates a good initial impression with a light filled lobby, bar off to the side. The rooms were nice, large, with comfortable beds & windows that opened. What makes this property special in San Francisco is the employees. Almost across the board, from Colin at the bell desk (with his very nice attitude), to the front desk, restaurant to the bar, the employees really give it their best effort to be pleasant & helpful. The one situation I saw that I would suggest be changed was the hours for meals in the restaurant. The place was packed, we were eating. A couple came in apparently too late for breakfast & were rather flippantly told they were too late. I would suggest a sign stating "sorry - breakfast is done, come back at ___ for lunch" as it would be less abrasive. We will be returning here. We go to SF often & have tried a number of properties in the area & this one definitely deserves a repeat visit. Parking is next door, in an outside lot with a friendly valet. Getting to the area is a bit sketchy, but it really is fine, being just a couple of blocks off Union Square.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear HeatherSanDiego,

We can't thank you enough for the positive and encouraging feedback on your experience with us! It is always a great reward for our whole staff to receive such fantastic compliments on our customer service! We are very happy to learn of your comfort and enjoyment. All of your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. We are elated that you and your family plan to return to Hotel Adagio, as we are looking forward to earning another 5 star review!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

It is refreshing to find a fairly small, newly remodeled, very cool little hotel close to Union Square. And the Adagio staff is very attentive. Thoroughly enjoyed my first stay and have already booked my next four! My room was small but very well laid out, fresh, bright and clean! The bar downstairs was busy every night and the food was unique and tasty!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear ce_younger,

We are very exciting to have you as our loyal guest! Thank you for your fabulous review and for booking your next four visits with us. All of your wonderful compliments on our newly renovated San Francisco hotel are greatly appreciated. We're also pleased that you enjoyed our brand new, stylish lounge, The Mortimer. Our handcrafted cocktails, locally brewed beer and modern cuisine are definitely a must while staying with us! We are honored to be your gem at Union Square and look forward to welcoming you back!

sje79
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was our first visit to San Francisco and being a fan of Marriott hotels, I was able to find a decent rate for the time we were staying. The hotel is a few blocks from Union Square, but an easy walk, although it seems to be on the border of a dicier area. Lobby was gorgeous, updated and very modern, as was our room. They upgraded us to a corner king room since we were traveling with a toddler to give us more room, which was much appreciated. The bathroom was also updated very nicely, though it looked like the tub had had a coating put on top of it to make it look nicer. For a swankier hotel for that price, I would've thought the TVs would be bigger, but not a big deal at all. You could valet park for $49 with in and out privileges or you could park literally right next door for $25 a day (slightly more if you have an SUV) with in and out privileges as well. A car is not necessary though as you're a very short walk to the cable cars and other forms of public transportation. The staff was extremely helpful and nice.

One suggestion I would make is to get a couple of high chairs for the restaurant. We came down for breakfast on our last day there and while they supply cribs for the room, they don't have high chairs, which I thought was a disconnect. All in all, a great hotel and we weren't disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear sje79,

We certainly appreciate your Marriott brand loyalty and making us a part of your very first visit to San Francisco! It is wonderful to receive your positive feedback on our multi-million dollar renovations and your valued suggestion for our restaurant. It was our pleasure to upgrade you into a larger room and provide you with our exceptional customer service throughout your stay. Thank you for completing the TripAdvisor review on your experience with us. We're so happy you had a great first visit in San Francisco and look forward to having you as our loyal guest.

Best Regards,
Denton, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hotel Adagio is a cute boutique hotel, super modern fixtures and great amenities. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable ( particularly Sam and Orlando) about good places to eat/ visit while in San Francisco. The location of Hotel Adagio was central to shopping and many other attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear MonicaChanel,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and review on your excellent experience at Hotel Adagio! We are very happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated San Francisco hotel and our incredible location. Our staff is thrilled to receive your positive comments on our helpful and knowledgeable customer service. It is extremely rewarding for us to hear when our guests thoroughly enjoy staying with us. We look forward to earning another 5 star review on your next visit to San Francisco!

MIchael Pace, General Manager

Been to Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!