“This is simple.” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2322 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123   |
Ranked #136 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
“This is simple.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Don't even think about staying here. My worst hotel experience in about 40 years. Where do I begin? There were holes in the floor beneath the carpet... Part of the carpet was cut and came up. One of two bath sinks didn't drain because the pop- up didn't work. The toilet was not secured to the floor well and 'rocked'. The maids didn't make one of the beds because I had put an air bed on top of it. Some receptacles didn't work. Not enough parking. Parked in a garage where the attendants all warned us about theft. Heavy traffic noise. Oh - and let's not forget breakfast. Surely that would be OK, right ? I mean, $140/night will at least get me an egg, right? Nope. Wrapped store-bought pastries, bread, instant oatmeal and coffee. There is no redeeming quality here. Don't even consider it.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We visited this hotel in June of 2013. When making the reservation, I specifically asked if they had parking for me. Upon arrival I was told that "parking was not guaranteed. It is available on a first come first serve basis". I was not happy, to put it lightly. They did offer to refund my deposit, but on the night of arrival we really did not have a choice. I do not condone such business practices.
in terms of the room, it was dated and in a sad state. The shower had poor water pressure and mold in the corners of the shower.
I would not stay here again out of principal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
satish p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Golden Gate, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sir,
I understand your frustration and due to us being in San Francisco and how majority of hotels have valet service that can range from $28-$55 per night per car or no parking at all, we do offer limited spots due to out size. We do have parking lots nearby that are free from 10pm-9am and we can 99% of the time accommodate all guests. All of our reservation pages and staff are trained to mentioned the first come first serve parking. We offer FREE parking to accommodate to our guests for an valuable amenity. I hope you can give us another chance and stay with us again. Thank you
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel has a nice location. It was nice and very quiet to sleep and rest, but it needs a carpet remodeling rush!! The carpet was extremely dirty and the bath tub had a lot of mold. The room overall needs improvement. At least they have free parking, not for all the rooms but if you arrive around 11;00am to 12M you will have an opportunity to find a spot. If not, very near the hotel you can find free parking from 10:00pm to 9:00am everyday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your feedback and we are in the process of everything you have mentioned. The hotel is under new ownership as of April1st 2013. We are in the process of updating the rooms with new furniture, vanity lights, bedding, tv, HD channels, and many more breakfast items such as a new coffee machine and pancake machine. We would appreciate if you could give us a another chance to show you the upgrades we have started to do. These upgrades do take time and we are doing it room by room.
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The only thing I can pick fault with is you are fighting for a car space which makes you not want to move the car once you get one so we just left it and used public transport every day. The staff are very helpful even with directions for place and restaurants you want to go. Breakfast is basic but what do you want for the price!!!

Room Tip: It would be better if there was a Bigger tv in the room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Halifax, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife in february 2013 for 3 nights and we are very happy overall; the location is nice ; there is a bus stop very close, you can go to golden gate very easily with a direct bus within 20 minutes; there are many restaurant around; the staffs at reception are nice and very helpful; the name of this hotel is in the list of most tour company and airport shuttle , so pick up is not a problem; we choose a room with sauna inside;( surprisingly charge is not to high) thats an amazing experience; breakfast is included and good; wifi is available in the room and free; also there is a computer with net at the reception which you can use free..thats great as the line speed is very good;this is a very good value for money in a good location; reception arranged for the shuttle to go to san francisco airport; I will again stay here again

Room Tip: choose a room with sauna
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel made a huge mistake and checked us out one night before.
The most awful thing was that our stuff were thrown into black garbage bags by the hotel staff. All our personal belongings were touched and packed withouth any care!!!
We arrived at the hotel around 11:45 PM and our key room wasn't working. When we went downstairs to ckeck what was going on we found out that they have kicked us out of the hotel and somebody else was already hosted in our room.
We were told that, as a compensation of this issue, part of our money was going to be refunded. However after more than 2 weeks, we still didn't get our money back either any news from this hotel.
I don't recomend this hotel at all!!!!!!!!
Terrible experience!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
satish p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Golden Gate, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience you had with us. Due to another hotel transferring you to our property because they were oversold and we accommodated you, the communication was not accurate. I am very sorry for what happened and we did refund your money and I can send you the receipt again if you would like. We refunded over $700.00 of your stay because of the experience of the transfer. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in April this year. The receptionist was friendly and the room was clean. One bad thing was that on the first night there were very noisy people in the car park below which prevented my other half from getting to sleep (I wear ear plugs!). I also found it odd that we had a sauna in the room but no wardrobe! Our room was extremely dark and dingy due to its location but overall a good part of town to stay in with Mel's Diner and iHop just across the road!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Golden Gate? Share your experiences!