We stayed at this hotel for three nights.
We booked this hotel for its location and free parking the hotel offers in there price.
We arrived at the hotel early, we didnt expect to get checked into our room, however when we returned at 3.30 and we're giving our room key we made our way to the room to find housekeeping still cleaning the room. We were allowed to leave our luggage as we were staying on the third floor and didn't want to have the trek down to our car.
The staff at the hotel are a mix of being very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly to just ok! Communication with staff needs to be improved.
We found our room to be unclean, with dirty carpets, drawers missing from the t.v unit, the room was dark and had a funny smell. I reported our concerns and staff said they would speak to the manager and try and move us. we were advised to return to reception the next day to check if there was an alternative room available.
We returned to reception the following day as advised to ask if there was an alternative room available. The staff on duty knew nothing about this. I explained the situation and our concerns again, I was advised they would contact me, although I never heard nothing from staff.
We decided to enjoy the sights of the city and not make a big deal of it due to being there for three days.
As other reviewers have commented the breakfast area is very small with limited choice, the coffee machine broke down our first morning so decided to give a miss the rest of our stay.
The breakfast area and lobby are reasonably clean, there is also access to a computer and printer.
There is a coffee shop next door to the hotel that sells a nice selection of coffees, teas and omelettes etc.
The location of the hotel is pretty centrally located and appeared reasonably safe. If you walk along to chestnut street( about 150 yards) and take bus 30 Stockton, this takes you down to the bay area. The cost of this is two dollars and you can return for free within 2 half hours.
I hope to return to the city one day as fell in love with it, however we won't stay in this hotel or ever stay in a best value inn.
San Francisco is a charming city, also the second most expensive in the USA and my opinion it's worth increasing your budget to return from your day of sight seeing to comfortable and clean surroundings.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Golden Gate Hotel San Francisco
- Americas Best Value Inn Golden Gate Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn - Golden Gate prides itself in personalized service and has 42 quaint & charming rooms with individually operated heating and air-conditioning units, our hotel is 100% Non-smoking rooms and corridors, smoking only allowed in the designated area, we offer a Lite Complimentary Breakfast each morning from 7-10am (muffin, coffee and juice), free limited parking, wireless wi-fi throughout each room and public area available to all guests. Come and enjoy our new Spa rooms today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Golden Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.