“Tacu Tacu!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Tacu Tacu!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We visited La Fusion on our first night in San Francisco. I had read a few good reviews, liked the look of the menu and thought it was worth a try. The restaurant isn't big, but it has a vibrant atmosphere and the staff are super friendly. I started with the beef empanada which was full of rich gravy and chunky steak. The accompanying salsas were also fantastic! I followed this with the pork tenderloin. The pork was cooked perfectly and worked well with the salsa verde. But the star of the show was the tacu tacu which accompanied it. A fried rice and bean cake packed with flavour. Seriously delicious! We finished with a glass of port and a pleasant chat with one of the servers about his travels in London. Definitely check this place out if you go to SF.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Blountville, Tennessee
“Delicious and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is small and quaint, and it felt like more of a local place than a tourist trap. The sangria, chicken, bread salad (stuffing), and truffle mac and cheese are divine. Excellent service.

“Fun and good food :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great place cool food. I like that it's small and less trendy. Try the seafood pot pie and the scallops. The mojitos are pretty good too.

San Francisco, California, USA
“Half rotisserie chicken on bread salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Food: 4
Decor: 4
Service: 4

Came here for dinner on a Thursday night around 8:15pm. Place was packed, so I had to wait about 25 min before I got a table.

1. Sangria
~Pretty good. One of the strongest sangrias I've ever had.

2. Half rotisserie chicken on bread salad, 16
~Really good. Everything was prepared nicely, and the three sauces complemented very well. I would have liked my chicken skin just a tad crispier. Also, one of my pieces of bread was so hard I couldn't even cut it with my knife.

3. Truffle mac and cheese side, 3
~Mediocre. I couldn't taste much of the truffle, and the cheese congealed really fast. Only ate about half of it.

Service was good. I'll probably be coming here a lot in the future. I was absolutely stuffed afterwards, so I'd recommend not getting the half chicken unless you're sharing.

Visited October 2013
“You must go to La Fusion and have the Arroz con Pollo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hands down - the arroz con pollo at La Fusion was the best meal I've had in a very long time! The cilantro rice that comes with the meal is unbelievably good. I can't wait to go back to San Francisco and have this again. The service was also very good. This is a very small restaurant - make reservations!

• Visited September 2013