“A few interesting variations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Takara Sushi

Takara Sushi
4243 18th St.,, Castro,, San Francisco, CA (The Castro)
415) 626-7864
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,546 of 5,102 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighborhood: The Castro
Description: Telephone : (415) 626-7864 Neighborhood : Castro
Prangins, Switzerland
“A few interesting variations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nothing to fault with this small sushi bar - fresh sashimi, sushi samplers, nice spider rolls and yakitori, prompt service. Would go back for sure.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“No comments?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I don't understand how come no one did any comments yet on this restaurant?

I wanted to eat sushi and asked a random trendy local person on the street if they liked sushi and if they had any suggestions in Castro neighbourhood. He suggested Takara Sushi.

At first, from the outside, I was not impressed, but once inside and when they brought me my food, I was very satisfied. Nice presentation, sushi rolls, nigiri and sashimi was made from fresh and delicious fish! the volcano roll was a unique sushi presentation but you get tired of the tempura at one point... but don't get me wrong, it was good.

Our waitress was very kind and caring, she gave us a good service. The atmosphere was ok, I don't recall any ambiance music. The restaurant is small and the tables are close to each other. If you are sitting at the bar, it's quit "sympatique". The place is clean and washroom was immaculate!

PS: The quality was there, but the quantity for the price? I was still hungry after our meal so if your searching to be full for a normal budget for this kind of restaurant, you should probably find somewhere else to eat. It's unfortunately not an all you can eat! ;)

• Visited February 2012