1) Other cool travelers that we met on the arranged tours & nights in the lounge
2) Hotel-like facilities
3) (free) Bagels & orange juice for breakfast
1) Terrible staff. Rude, don't give a crap, have no idea that the travelers pay their wages rubbish staff. When travelling, you want to feel welcome, it was far from this here.
2) Cleanliness - or lack of! Stains on my mattress - yuck
3) WiFi - 90% of the time didn't work. I'm sorry, but working WiFi is a must for a traveller these days.
4) Hostel lacked in activities
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of the city, just one block from Union Square and steps from Chinatown and the cable cars! HI-San Francisco Downtown is close to the best cafes, clubs, theaters, and shopping. You'll love our new look, low prices, and four-bed dorms (coed dorms range from 4-8 beds). Free continental breakfast, free WiFi, DSL Internet, guest kitchen, free linens and towels, daily housekeeping, free/low-cost daily activities and tours, 24-hour reception, and no curfews, chores, or lockouts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hostelling International- San Francisco/ Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International- San Francisco/ Downtown Hotel San Francisco