“Basic place, great price, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Hearth Inn San Francisco

Save Saved
You added Country Hearth Inn San Francisco to your Saves list
Country Hearth Inn San Francisco
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2707 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Formerly America's Best Inn San Francisco (Presidio)   |
Ranked #154 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Basic place, great price, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We found this hotel on Expedia for around $80 per night (a crazy good deal for SF) and we loved it. It's very basic (tiny room, and there's no big separate bathroom to get ready, which bothers me about smaller hotel rooms -only the toilet and shower are in their own rooms.)
And the continental breakfast is pretty minimal -pastries, fruit, and coffee. But overall it was very clean, decently quiet, excellent location blocks from the Muni stops and Presidio, and good service. Run by an independent family/owner group who were always helpful. They arranged an airport shuttle and let us leave our bags in the office after checkout for a few hours.
It's not the Hyatt, but it was clean, quiet and well-managed. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. It was wonderful to be located so close to the Presidio for a beautiful morning walk before we departed. If you have plans to go over the Golden Gate Bridge, this location is very convenient. It is also quiet and tucked away from them main part of busy Lombard St., so we were not at all bothered by traffic noise.

Room Tip: Tucked into the rear area, furthest from the street
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here for four days in order to see lots of areas of San F. It was ideal if all you want is a comfortable bed for the night. Staff were friendly and really helpful. Breakfast is basic but what can you expect for what we paid....299 dollars for four nights. Buses into the city are plentiful and very regular, especially if you buy one of the transport passes available for tourists. Car parking was free at the motel as well!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you're looking for a 4 star hotel, this is not it. If you're looking for a cheap (by San Francisco standards) stay, this might fill the bill for you. The rooms are small but adequate.Our room had a small bath with tub & shower combo. If you are fortunate enough to capture one of the parking spots, do not move your car! Take a cab or walk.
This is a convenient location, next to the Presidio and within walking distance of many restaurants. If you're a walker, Fisherman's Wharf is not that far, but, you might want to grab a cab.
Coffee makers are NOT in the rooms but coffee & tea are avaiulable in the office. Morning pastries are also available.
Since we hate paying an arm & leg for a room that we spend relatively little time in (sleep & shower), we would stay here again. It's a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have a fairly bad experience at this "inn" and it was mostly due to the owner/manager.

When I checked in, he was friendly. I definitely was fine with the condition of the hotel considering the price I paid ($65/night for 2 days). Wifi worked well. Free coffee in the lobby. Yes, it's dumb they charge $3 for the fridge, but I knew that going in so no biggie.

The first morning I was woken up by noise next door. I was wearing earplugs, but it sounded like a band was rehearsing in the room next door. I kept going to back to sleep until I couldn't take it anymore. I called the front desk and complained, but I can't give a hotel a bad review for other people's bad behavior, right? Well, I found out later that night that the room next door wasn't a hotel room but was a staff room of some sort... laundry, perhaps? Yeah, they were cranking music really loud starting at 8am.

My friend ended up coming back to my hotel on the 2nd night to try to get a room. We buzzed the door at the lobby and the owner just gestured that they were sold out. He wouldn't even answer the door. I went back to my room to call the front desk and asked to call him a cab. He said he could walk to the street and grab one. I called a cab myself after Googling the # and ordered one no problem.

We were a bit loud while waiting for the cab, and the owner knocked on my door to handle the situation. I will admit we had a few drinks, but he was very antagonistic and immediately threatened to call the cops. I told him my guest was waiting for a cab, and he said "NO GUESTS ALLOWED!" He refused to let him quietly wait in my room for a cab, so my friend was forced to walk out to the street to wait.

I was never told a checkout time, and assumed it was noon. Apparently it was 11am, so I got a call from the same owner at around 11:30am saying I was past check out time. I told him I'd be out soon. While I was in the shower, he called again and knocked on my door. I told him I'd be out as soon as I could, and he finally left me alone to pack up my stuff.

In my younger years I would have had a big argument with the guy for being a [--], but I just let him be rude to me since I knew I was leaving and would post the story for everyone to read online. This problem happens a lot with small hotel owners, so I recommend trying to avoid places like this and staying at a chain. Much less problems.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is an older hotel, but they did a very nice job of refurbishing the rooms. The rooms are very clean and housekeeping does a good job. The couple who appear to be the managers are very nice people. The room (1 queen double) was small, there is no lounge area, and the coffee is bad. I got great room rates through www.venere.com (Presidents Day weekend: $59.99 to $69.99 per night.) I will be our first choice when we go to San Francisco next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My gf and I decided to spend New Year's Eve 2013 in San Francisco and went with the Country Hearth Inn. Total was $145 for New Year's Eve, so we didn't think it was terrible. It's location is very convenient, near the presidio, cow hollow and a quick bus ride to a lot of bars on Union St. The MUNI is free on New Year's Eve!

Our room was pretty standard, but right away the sheets felt dirty. After laying in them for about an hour, sure enough I felt a few things crawling on me. I thought it was my imagination at first, but when I got up to check I had a bite on my eye. After dusting the sheets off we had an ok sleep. The parking is free and first come first serve.

Probably wont stay here again,

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Country Hearth Inn San Francisco? Share your experiences!