“A must to get the most out of San Francisco” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #117 of 394 Activities in San Francisco
Type: Bus tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the beautiful city of San Francisco on top of an open top, double-decker bus. Experience the diverse culture of the city by visiting the unique neighborhoods including Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, Haight/Ashbury District, Union Square, SoMa, Civic Center, Alamo Square.Journey through Golden Gate Park and cross the infamous Golden Gate Bridge! Hop on and hop off at any of our 20 stops located throughout the city. All tickets include free bike rental and walking tours of North Beach neighborhood and Chinatown. Visit us at our San Francisco Visitor Center at 99 Jefferson Street in Fisherman's Wharf.
Faversham, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
“A must to get the most out of San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

You've got to do this to get a real feel for this vibrant city. Ironically, a Russian immigrant was our driver and guide.....he was first class.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Cardiff, Wales
“Anthony is the man!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

When checking through all of the various tour buses in San Francisco I ended up going for the Big Bus Tours as they all seemed much of a muchness. I am so glad I did as we gained so much knowledge from our tour guide Anthony, along with Sam the driver who was also top notch!!! From my experiences of tour buses the guides make them & after getting on Anthony's bus on the first day we would not travel with anyone else ( even if it meant missing a bus ). I'm a big movie fan & love the Godfather films and thanks to Anthony's knowledge I got to drink some of Francis Ford Coppola's wine from his vineyard in his wine bar which I would never in a million years have known about. I wish we were in San Fran longer as not only did Anthony give us info on the city but also where the best places were to eat. Overall a great tour company and make sure your with Anthony & Sam when you hop on!!

Dunedin, New Zealand
36 attraction reviews
“Great views, great guides, great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

WOW! By far the best way to see SF! Decided to do a 24 hr hop on hop off tour as we only had 1 day to spare in SF and we are so glad we decided to see the wonderful city this way. There are stops at all the major tourist attractions and they were always only 20 minutes apart. Make sure to wear warm clothing if wanting to sit on the top deck as it gets very chilly especially when going over the GG. Also I would advise wearing sunblock as our faces got not only sunburnt but wind burnt, which isn't pleasant! Live tour guides were great very knowledgeable and funny! Our tour came with a "free" 1 hour bike hire which is actually only 1 hour free when 2 or more hours are purchased definitely a tourist trap! Would definitely recommend this company to others wanting to see as much of SF in a little time. Have also used this company in other cities and service has also been good.

Toledo
24 attraction reviews
“Birthday girls trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great until the end. Signed up for this after recomendation by hotel conceirge, easy to find the get on location and we stayed on for a couple of hours as we were almost at the starting point. A GREAT way to get your bearings of the city to see what you want to go back and see, spend more time. The challenge was knowing where and when to get back on, i called and found the location but then when we finally got there were told that the next bus was not for 45 mintues, after a long day, that was not what we wanted to hear. So we got on the local Muni for $2, not the open street car but a older cool looking street car non the less.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the sights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hop on hop off tour bus is a great way to see the sights in San Francisco. The buses either have a pre-recorded audio tour or a tour guide. I recommend the tour guide. Our tour guide was Gayle, the self proclaimed best tour guide in the universe. Her commentary was excellent and wasn't just off a script as some tours can be. Her comments made us laugh throughout the tour and we stayed on the bus for the full tour just to hear her comments. The best part of the tour for me was the Golden Gate bridge which is stunning. I'd advise going over the bridge on the bus and then walking back, that way you get to see the San Francisco skyline all the way across.
The bus tour even makes Haight Ashbury look decent.
If i was going again I would probably get the 2 day pass as there is so much to see on the tour that if you got off at every stop then the day would pass very quickly.
I would be happy to use Big Bus Tours if I saw them in other cities.

Visited May 2013

Been to Big Bus Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Big Bus Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.