“An inexpensive Delight!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Durham
“An inexpensive Delight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Small busy spot a few blocks from the boring food of the Conference Ctr. I ordered the iconic Bun Thit Nuong. Delicious grilled pork, perfect amount of fish sauce and only $ 8. Shrimp and pork rolls needed more help from the peanut sauce. We made reservations on a Saturday lunch and it got busy right after noon. Busy spot, service staff efficient and fast.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Okay dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'm not a big fan of Vietnamese cuisine so I'm not going to comment on the food.

I visited Tin on a weekday evening. The place was packed so we had to wait for about 20 minutes to be seated. There was one waiter covering all the tables (I'm not sure if this is a regular occurrence or not) so the service was really slow.

Prices were decent, but then again, the place was more of a "hole in the wall" than a proper restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great service, delicious food and wonderful prices. I had rolls, greens and a Pho Ga when I felt like I was getting sick before work and walked out healthier and only down $22. LOVE this place!

Visited January 2013
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Great lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

FINALLY I was able to try Vietnamese food, specifically Pho. Great food. Great staff. Kind of a "hole in the wall" vibe. Excellent prices, especially for San Francisco!

Visited October 2012
London, England
“Good solid place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

One of the best things about travelling as a Yelper in the USA is that you have a bank of ready made friends in each city! Dorothy C had kindly taken me to the Asian Art Museum on my trip to SF last year and she offered to expand my art horizons at SFMOMA this year

We therefore looked for a lunch option in close proximity and Dorothy's friend, Ed U suggested Tin on Howard St.

Despite us both starting at Powell St BART station, I think I took the slightly less 'colourful' route to the restaurant! Teddy and I recognised Dorothy coming in the opposite direction to us and she told us about some interesting characters and shops she had encountered along the way!

The restaurant was busy with lunch service but we were seated quickly and the food came out impressively fast. Nice friendly ambiance providing the perfect atmosphere for us to catch up

Dorothy went with a sandwich and I tried the Hu Tieu noodles in broth - xa-xiu pork, chicken & shrimp, ground pork in garlic-chicken broth. It was lovely and perfect portion size for lunch. Deep flavour in the broth with enough variety of stuff to munch with each mouthful to keep it interesting

My limeade could have done with a bit more sugar syrup but was obviously freshly squeezed

The bonus was the very reasonable cost - $10 per person