“Great find” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Popped in here while on Filmore street and had such a delicious light lunch. their noodle salad and cold veggie spring rolls were soooo yummy. Would definitely recommend this stop to anyone!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
San Francisco, CA
“Good food but dining conditions may vary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've read the 4 other reviews prior to mine and I agree with all of them. Good value - cheap and delicious Vietnamese sandwiches. I also had a side of sweet potato fries (not Vietnamese cuisine). I've been here twice: awhile ago on a busy, cool night, and then again last month on a slow weeknight. The first time, 3 of us squeezed ourselves at table for 2 which was not the most comfortable, plus it was cool and the wind from the door made me keep my jacket on. It was crowded so people were hovering, waiting for tables. The second time there were only 2 of us, we sat at a booth right by the front door and the restaurant was not overflowing with people, so it was nicer since I wasn't in a rush to eat my food and leave. The food is still the same no matter where you sit! It's a casual place where you place your order and pay at the counter, and they bring your food to you.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Muskegon, Michigan
“Me Wuv Bun Mee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We took the 22 Bus to nowhere trying to find a flea market and ended up getting kicked off the bus by a bored driver. Well I nevah, so with nothing left to lose we walked down Filmore to follow the hobo lifting aromas emanating from Bun Me. I wanted to order EVERYTHING but settled on a delicious noodle bowl with tasty shrimp. Hubby had perfectly fried fish with sweet potato fries. If I lived in San Fran I'd get rid of my stove. Oh and the bill was fantastic $20. Whoo Hoo! Staff is totally friendly. Grab a seat outside to taunt tired yuppies shopping at the high end shops. Bathroom is clean (Hey girls wanna know) if it's raining there is a bunch of bar stools down the side, to watch the guys cooking.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Inexpensive and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I don't get to Vietnamese restaurants of any type very often, so I had no idea what to expect. A friend had recommended that we visit due to the restaurant's great value and tasty food. We were not disappointed. Grandma's Egg Rolls and the Bun Mee Combo sandwich were both delicious. The restaurant was busy - it was clear that this restaurant is a neighborhood secret. Great value and inexpensive!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“cold night with lime tinged food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The restaurant is small, has two booths behind the entrance door and you feel a cold draft everytime someone goes out and comes in. The food is basic Vietnamese, they try to have eclectic blend and meet basics. Low budget restaurant, depends on what you're willing to eat.

• Visited February 2012