I've stayed at dozens of SF hotels in my life... and IMHO this one had got to have the best location for Wharf-are fun!
This hotel puts you one block from Ghirardelli, two blocks from the Cannery centers; depending on your room, may give you screaming view of the Bay with Alcatraz at center; and sits you right next to the Hyde Cable Car line. You will have a balcony and furniture from which to take all this in, too.
The property is a bit sterile, and lacks charm (let's add some splashes of color and flowers, SAFW!). I get the sense that many of the rooms are corporate apartments or long-term leases. Thus there isn't that hustle-bustle of a "real" hotel.
However, it does have spacious, clean, comfortable updated rooms which can't be beat for families and/or long stays. Our kitchen was new, well-equiped and sparkling clean. You will be very comfortable. We felt quite at home even though our stay was short (this time!).
The service was nice, too.
Be warned: the rooms on the eastern end (#s 100, 200, and 300) truly hear the running cable and cable cars all day, starting at 6 a.m. Atmospheric!?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 24 spacious suites, The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf is the perfect choice for discriminating travelers who want to leave their heart in the heart of San Francisco. The spacious suites offer you comfortable one or two-bedroom floor plans, each tastefully appointed with the furnishings you’d expect from a sophisticated San Francisco hotel. The intimate ambiance of the property is evident in features like the fountain in the lobby, and the private balconies and patios available in selected suites. Located next to the Hyde Street Cable Car stop, you’re just a short stroll from the sensory pleasures of Fisheerman’s Wharf, or the turn of the century ambiance of The Cannery, Pier 39, or the undersea secrets of the Aquarium of the Bay. This lyrical city by the bay will take you wherever your imagination allows, and The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco resort is the perfect place to begin your journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Suites at Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel At Fishermans Wharf
- At Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Suites Fishermans Wharf