My husband, 1 year old, and I travel often due to the nature of my husband's career. After reviewing what others had said, I thought this place would be perfect for us. It was in a nice location but extremely noisy. The room would shake when the trolly bus would go by. The room had a nice kitchenette fully stocked with everything you would need to prepare your own meals. It was clean, for the most part, but did have an old musty smell. The bathroom was tiny but did have a tub so I could bathe the baby. It is an old building that seemed more like an apartment complex than hotel, but it was quite nice to have the two bedrooms and kitchen.
There isn't a restaurant on the premises but that never bothers us as we like to dine out. It was a comfortable hotel, HOWEVER, the staff is why I am giving this hotel a TERRIBLE rating. The staff is everything for me when traveling. When we first arrived, the gentleman at the desk was EXTREMELY professional and nice. He smiled and made us feel very welcome and even recommended a nice pizza place we could order in from. We had asked if we needed to extend our stay another night for any reason, would it be ok. He said, "Of course!" It wasn't until the next day that we were informed by Rowena, the RUDE lady at the front desk, that we could not because they were over booked. She never apologized or tried to help us in any way to maybe even find another hotel close by for us. She had the worst customer service I have ever encountered. She was very unprofessional and I would never have anyone represent my hotel with that type of attitude. I ended up speaking with the assistant general manager, Chris, and he managed to have a room available for us magically appear after being told they had none available for us for the last hour. We would have to move rooms and it was only a one bedroom. I was so angry and disappointed by the lack of professionalism and terrible customer service, that I couldn't accept. We left immediately and I will never come back or recommend this place to anyone!
- Also Known As:
- Suites At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel
- Suites At Fisherman`s Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel At Fishermans Wharf
- At Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Suites Fishermans Wharf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 24 spacious suites, The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf is the perfect choice for discriminating travelers who want to leave their heart in the heart of San Francisco. The spacious suites offer you comfortable one or two-bedroom floor plans, each tastefully appointed with the furnishings you’d expect from a sophisticated San Francisco hotel. The intimate ambiance of the property is evident in features like the fountain in the lobby, and the private balconies and patios available in selected suites. Located next to the Hyde Street Cable Car stop, you’re just a short stroll from the sensory pleasures of Fisheerman’s Wharf, or the turn of the century ambiance of The Cannery, Pier 39, or the undersea secrets of the Aquarium of the Bay. This lyrical city by the bay will take you wherever your imagination allows, and The Suites at Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco resort is the perfect place to begin your journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Fareportal so you can book your Suites at Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.