“If not for the noise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delarosa

Delarosa
2175 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
415.673.7100
Neighborhood: SoMa
California
“If not for the noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

This place is cute and friendly and the food is pretty darn good. Unfortunately it was really too loud, which made it hard to enjoy the meal and almost impossible to carry on a conversation. We tried repeatedly to get them to turn down the music, but I guess they are going for a lively vibe. For me it was just annoying. So if you are not bothered by the noise, this place could be a decent choice. If you want to carry on a conversation while you enjoy your meal, I would suggest going elsewhere, especially on a busy weekend.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vienna, Austria
“American or Italian??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I wasn't sure if I should write a review... I had the idea it was supposed to be an Italian restaurant, while here I see "American - Pizza".
Well I am Italian and while I know I shouldn't have eaten here, my partner insisted. While he liked the pizza enough (he ordered a margherita with prosciutto), I found it inedible, the dough being too rubbery, and I hate it when you try to cut a pizza and all the ingredients come off. Also the tomato sauce was way too tasty (maybe that's how you do it in the US?).
It was hard to find a non-european wine (I thought California was famous for the wine), that's why I thought it was supposed to be an Italian place.
I ordered a bruschetta that was very yummi, except for the bread - again, quite rubbery, sadly, since the top was really good.
As for dessert, my partner ordered a tiramisu that he found quite okay, while my lava cake was really really good.
Not a place I'd go back in the end.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Sooo good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I almost wish we could have eaten here every night. Really good food and moderately priced for San Francisco. I think it was probably my favorite meal of the entire trip.

It's a fairly small menu, done well. Generally small plates and pizza, good cocktails and good service. I've already recommended it to a few friends that were going to San Fran the week after my trip.

We had the crab arancini, pumpkin ravioi and a Margherita pizza with burrata. Everything was well above average. The arancini was heavenly and the sauce that came with it was lovely. The ravioli were buttery but with a bit of balsamic to cut the richness. The pizza? I highly recommend getting the margherita with burrata. So creamy, so delicious, nice bit of char on the crust.

The service was great. We asked for and received recommendations (should we choose this or that?), the waiter was prompt and friendly but not in your face all the time.

I will definitely be going back any time I'm in San Francisco.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is fantastic, and service is great. My one complaint is that you cannot make reservations. However, the pizzas are excellent. My favorite is the eggplant, with added hot salami. The meatballs are also a sensational appetizer. And when you're not in the mood for food, the bar is also great. Generally a great place.

Visited August 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“Very Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It is very lively and very popular. If you arrive later in the evening you will have to wait for a
table. We ate here two evenings in a row, the food was so good. Both times, we shared one of
their pizzas, trying a different one each night. Both were fantastic. Dessert menu is limited. The
first night we shared the donuts with the selection of dipping sauces. The second night, we opted
to each get our own dessert and they were worth every calorie. Everything on the menu sounded
delicious and checking out what was being brought to the tables as we were waiting, everything
looked delicious. Service was brisk, staff were friendly, prices were extremely reasonable.
Would highly recommend.