“Hotel is more like a motel - smells, rooms are small and stuffy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fusion

You added Hotel Fusion to your Saves list
Hotel Fusion
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly Gate Hotel San Francisco)   |
Ranked #138 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
New York City, New York
“Hotel is more like a motel - smells, rooms are small and stuffy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The location is central, but the hotel is like staying in a motel. The rooms are terribly small and stuffy, they have an old stench and the hotel is in dire need of renovation. We stayed here for a conference across the street and had to cancel our reservation and move to another hotel because it was that bad.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear amychanvan,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are sorry about your dissatisfaction at the hotel. We appreciate your feedback. If you have any other suggestions feel free to call us. We hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I chose this hotel for the location. I was meeting friends in San Fran and the hotel they were staying in was fully booked, so chose Hotel Fusion as it was nearby.

After reading the mixed reviews, my expectations were low. I was pleasantly surprised.

I actually extended my stay here before I arrived and had two bookings for two different rooms - unknowingly. The receptionist was great and upgraded my first night to the full-size bed (room) I had booked for the following 2 nights.

Room:
- Small, yes, but tastefully designed with a comfortable bed. I slept well.
- The room was indeed hot like many people have stated, but with the aircon on, it was fine (it was noisy, but didn't stop me sleeping after a full day out in San Fran!)
- The bathroom was bigger than expected - again, functional with everything I needed.

Other:
- Yes, it was a bit odd to go to a small room to get breakfast, then take it back to your room to eat - but getting breakfast included was a plus for me, so anyway I got it was totally fine.
- Location - perfect. Couldn't have asked for better.

People mentioned the hotel was noisy due to the club next door or underneath. I didn't hear anything...

Good value for money. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear IanD10,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our room's design. We hope you had fun in San Francisco and hope we can welcome you back in the future. Thank you for your positive review.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I stay at the hotel over the holidays, I had called the hotel ahead of time to see if can leave a cash deposit, my room was pre-paid, they said is not a problem will be $100 deposit.
I didn't want to leave my credit card because we stayed in multiple hotels and rented cars a few times while we where there so I didn't want to have my credit card full of pre-authorizations because they take a be few weeks to go back into your card.
When we arrived they said that was not possible, so I had to leave my credit card. The rooms where nice and very clean.
The location is great; you can walk anywhere or take the cable cars.

We stayed at the hotels 4 nights, I was only able to connect to the WIFI once, when I called the front desk to ask if they had any problems with the internet, they said “Our internet almost never works and if you have an apple device it will be harder to connect”. Why do they advertised WIFI if it doesn't work? Also our room was on the side of the main road was really loud at night, im not a light sleeper.

Overall is and average hotel but I probably will not come back because the internet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 88love_to_travel88,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the room and noticed our standard of cleanliness. We are sorry to hear about the WiFi and will look into that. Thank you for the positive review, we appreciate the feedback and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Yes, the location of this hotel is good. For the rest, forget it. Room doesn't have a window that can be opened. There is no air suction in the room either. So? It smells bad with the stale air inside. The A/C unit on the window makes more noise than a truck so sleep if you can.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear OBofNY,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are glad that you liked the location of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback about the windows/air circulation and we will look into that.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is very nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is wonderful. Walking distance to many places. The Union Square is 5 minutes walking from the hotel. Chinatown is 10 minutes walking as well. Next time I'll stay there indeed.

Room Tip: A room for 3 people is very comfortable. Big enough!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Cristina G,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are glad that you enjoyed the location of the Hotel and the size of our rooms. We appreciate your feedback and positive review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed this hotel. Great location not far from Union Square and lots of amenities. The room was plenty big enough and the bathroom was fine. Comfy bed. The decor and room was not just a generic hotel room, it had character which appealed to me. The Italian restaurant straight across the road from the entrance was great too. Recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear AussiePerthGirl,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We take great pride in our new world asian inspired decor and are glad that you noticed it. We appreciate your feedback and hope that we may welcome you back soon.

Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My partner and I booked this hotel due to the reviews on Tripadvisor. Not only is it within a block from Powell Street Station, but it is also walking distance to Chinatown and Union Square. The rooms were well kept and the staff were both friendly and helpful. If I ever get the chance to visit San Francisco again I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Fusion, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Ashley C,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Fusion. We are glad that you enjoyed Hotel Fusion's proximity to so many San Francisco attractions. We take great pride in having a clean hotel and are glad that you noticed. We appreciate your 5 star review and hope that we may welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Been to Hotel Fusion? Share your experiences!