“A good, quick reasonable meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sally's Famous Fishwhich - CLOSED

Sally's Famous Fishwhich
Fishermans Wharf, Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco, CA (Fisherman’s Wharf)
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chowder, Seafood, Sandwiches
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Willoughby Hills, OH
“A good, quick reasonable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great quick lunch at Sally's. The long line convinced us that this was the place to go, and we were right. I had the fish and chips, and my husband had the fishwich. We were both very happy with our meals, and the indoor dining area was kept clean and offered great views of Alcatraz. One thing that really impressed me--my husband's sandwich was ready and they ran out of fried fish for my meal. His sandwich sat for about 5 minutes while they fried more fish, and I was getting anxious. E ause I thought his sandwich was getting soggy. Before I could say anything the cook threw his sandwich out and made a fresh one. I was impressed by his good service, and I highly recommend Sally's.

• Visited April 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Not good for us”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Good location..good prices...but our fish and chips were horrible !!! I'm not sure what type of fish they use, but our fish was thin and very slimey. I know great fish...I grew up on the coast in England, with great Cod and Haddock.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Best Fish Sandwich Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a local favorite. The fish sandwich is huge, covered in coleslaw and is reasonably priced around $7.50!!! It is fun to sit at the picnic tables outside and enjoy the sights of Fisherman's Wharf. The only downside is fighting off the hungry seagulls. We didn't have a problem. This is a very delicious sandwich and I would highly recommend Sally's for lunch or a quick dinner on the go.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Fast, affordable, cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The fishwich is, according to my son, to die for. The chowder and bread bowl was yummy. Good bread, and chowder the way I like it: creamy but not too thick. The fish and chips were described as too greasy by my wife.

Ambiance can be good or bad, depending on who is sitting around you. Our ambiance was pleasant until two homeless guys started arguing loudly about the propriety of begging for money for food versus simply hitting the trash can there to retrieve uneaten bread bowls. In the end, each found success through their preferred method. Even the gulls came out ahead as the dumpster diver ended up discarding much of his repurposed bread bowl.

It's all the best and worst of Fisherman's Wharf rolled into one experience.

Sacramento, California
“Best Fish Sandwich Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I do a bicycle ride around the San Francisco Bay once or twice a year and always make a point to stop at Sally's Famous Fishwich restaurant for lunch. The have the best fish sandwich covered in coleslaw. The portions are generous and it is fun to sit on the benches outside and enjoy the wharf. It is definitely not fine dining; however, you can get a good meal and head off for more sightseeing. The clam chowder is nothing special and if you are interested in fine dining this is not the place for you; but, if you want a great fish sandwich at an affordable price Sally’s is the place for you.