“Good Thai Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of OSHA Thai Restaurant

OSHA Thai Restaurant
311 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 (SoMa)
415-896-6742
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
OSHA Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #940 of 4,918 restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Twentynine Palms, California
“Good Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went to this restaurant at the recommendation of the Intercontinental San Francisco's concierge. I was looking for places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. I went there on a Friday night and the restaurant was very busy. The music was booming on the bar side and could be appreciated on the dining side. I had the Thai Samoa, Crab Fried Rice and Thai Iced Tea. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and felt the value was appropriate for the amount of food. I rated this place Very Good rather than Excellent because I didn't think the service was good. The hostess and waiter did not seem too friendly and it took a while for my waiter to come to my table. Maybe it was due to him being busy, but I really didn't like the fact that I felt ignored.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent food - noise is maddening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a chain with several restaurants in town. We tried the one at Embarcadero before (very low ceiling and older) and we pleased with the food quality again at this location. The menu is simple and the food fragrant and nicely presented. Very experieced staff - nothing personal about the service but quick and hassle free. The big downside of this location is the total lack of sound proofing or noise reduction - it is a wide open space - which means you end up shooting at eachother. I also believe larger groups frequent this place which means that it is less/not suited for romatic or business dinners. The prices are correct.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Incredible Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I visited this location 3 times in the span of a 2-week vacation to San Francisco. The food was exceptional, the portions very filling, and the prices amazing for downtown SF. I had the Tom Yum Soup, Pad Thai, and Pineapple Fried Rice (twice). I wish I had time to try out some more menu items, but the ones I did were cooked to perfection.

The service and atmosphere were also top notch.

The place tends to be full during lunch time, especially if there's a conference at the Moscone Center.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I met a friend for lunch here during the week. The restaurant was packed due to a large conference at Moscone, but we were seated and served promptly. The menu has a lot to choose from and is more like touristy Thai food. You can choose a la carte or create a a mini-combo meal by choosing from some standard selections. The food was good and our server was attentive. The tea was very good! I would go here again for lunch if in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orange County
“Not authentic but yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I like the beef salad here. Its not the most authentic place but I still think its good. The service is great and so is the food.

Visited June 2012