“Friendly and Personalized Tea Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vital Tea Leaf

Vital Tea Leaf
509 Grant Ave., San Francisco, CA 94133 (Chinatown)
415.544.9838
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 223 Shopping in San Francisco
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
“Friendly and Personalized Tea Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

What a fun way to learn about and enjoy a variety of different teas. We were tired of walking and our tea-master invited us to sample about a dozen different teas in teeny little cups.

Visited December 2013

Houston, Texas
“In-fun-tea and beyond: My trip to the Vital Tea Leaf tea bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been an avid tea drinker all my life. I was born into a tea drinking household. Tea was a common beverage offered to friends and family upon arrival to our home, more than coffee or alcohol. We had a typical diversity of teas in the household 6 or 7 to choose from depending on mood or occasion. So imagine my joy to find a home away from home at the Vital Tea Life in San Francisco.
The day I stumbled upon the shop I had spent most of my day in meeting after meeting and decided to walk down to China town. I strolled by the myriad of shops from the convention center to china town. Some of the shops had a ring of familiarity, others with a distinct San Francisco flair and others simply urban in nature. I was tired and looking for a respite. After climbing hills and rolling down streets my eyes caught a glimpse of a curious intimate shop people sitting around what appeared to be a bar. About 12 or so people, laughing, smiling and interestingly talking about tea. Wow, I walked in and the gentleman behind the bar looked up and said, "pull up a seat". So I did. It was a warm and festive mood tea flowed well and in great variety. the teas ranged from very affordable to $800 a pound. Tasting was free and I tried cup after cup after cup of great teas. The conversation was fun and easy. The guest were from everywhere both in and out of the country. We all laughed basking in the tea flavors. After about 2 hours of visiting with the crew of Vital tea and my fellow tea aficionados I purchased a couple of pounds of tea to replenish my fading store and add some more variety. I strolled home very content and refreshed.
If you are looking for an escape from the hectic craziness step out of the madness and into serenity, Vital life Tea in Chinatown on Grant street.

Visited October 2013
Ohio
30 attraction reviews
“Best Tea Shop In San Fran - Chinatown! Vital Tea Leaf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is my second time purchasing tea from Vital Tea and I just love it! I couldn't remember the exact location in Chinatown and was sad that I didn't find it, but just as we were walking down the end of Grant St. I found it! I instantly recognized the lovely shop and the forever young Karina working there! We stopped in after a long day of walking in the rain and finally settled in to do some tea tasting. It didn't take long for me to be convinced on which teas to purchase! Tea prices are a little on the expensive side, but you will get quality stuff. I purchased the $80 high concentrate white tea. Hopefully I'll look as young as Karina one day too! She looks the same as I remember from 2009! The service was excellent! Be sure to stop by and try a few teas. You will be greeted with smiling faces and fresh teas. If you drink too much tea...don't worry they will let you use the restroom. :) I can't wait to try all the teas I purchased!

Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Don't miss out!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Do not leave Chinatown having missed hopping into this one! The other branches are nothing like this one.

Customer service is BEYOND COMPARE!! And unlike most tea where they five you one sample of their cheapest tea, Vital gives you 5+ of expensive nice teas. They also teach you about their benefits and don't try and sell you on anything.

It is NOT expensive and some people have said. While it is around $30 for a 1/4 pound that will last you a month if you drink 4-5 cups every day. You do the math. It's not bad. Certainly lasts longer than coffee!

Visited August 2013
Olympia, WA
20 attraction reviews
“Entertaining, tasty and a nice rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stopped in after a long day of sightseeing based on good reviews. We were pleased we did. We were warmly greeted, learned a lot about making tea and tasted several varieties. Our host was funny and friendly. There are other tasting rooms in Chinatown but you can step in here with confidence. As another reviewer said, it is not high pressure sales, and a suggested amount is 1/4 pound but 2 ounces will last you quite awhile. We bought 2 oz of three different kinds of tea and were also given a couple of small samples to try at home. If you like tea this is a good stop.

Visited August 2013