“Native Californian Rates Green Hills Wine Tours as the BEST!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 394 Activities in San Francisco
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: From acclaimed wineries and romantic picnic spots to historic vineyards and hidden gems, Green Hills Wine Tours provides an unforgettable wine tasting experience. Knowing that you have high expectations of your wine tour experience, we only take small groups of 2 up to 8 people, and select wineries that are highly rated in customer service, great wines and space to taste and relax. Please visit our website for further information about price and how to book a wine tour. Thank you so much for choosing Green Hills Wine Tours.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Native Californian Rates Green Hills Wine Tours as the BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

As a native Californian, I've been to the wine country a few times with family and friends, but Aloys' personal van tour, pick up door-to-door service, and his knowledge of Sonoma and Napa wineries rates extremely high with me. I appreciate what a success he's made as a small business owner and his personal service and attention to every detail. It began with a stop at Marin Headlines to snap photos of the Golden Gate Bridge and a toast to our fellow travelers (total of 7 friendly folks) with a glass of California Champagne. I'm so impressed with all 4 wineries we visited--two before a delicious lunch at Bistro Don Giovanni and 2 after. We had plenty of time to taste the wines, enjoy the beautiful weather and to take photos, and check out the items in the shops. First stop was Jacuzzi Family Vineyards in Sonoma with a great wine tasting room and olive oil tasting right next door! I recommend their red Barbera and the white Arneis. On to Stag's Leap Wine Cellars in Napa where we sat outside on their patio enjoying generous tastings, and marveling at how the waiter could carry 7 large wine glasses to our table in one trip! After lunch we drove up a scenic winding road to the very private (reservations only) Pride Mountain Vineyards--superb wines and a tour of their operations inside a man-made cave. There's a line in the middle of the winery operations and on one side is Sonoma County and the other is Napa County. The day ended with chocolates paired with select wines at Trinitas Cellars at the Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa. Yum! For a memorable day and wine tour, sign up with Green Hills Wine Tours!

Salisbury, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Far surpassed out expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were picked up at the Argonaut hotel exactly on time. The manager, Aloys Twungubumwe, was the driver and what a gentleman he was. We crossed the golden gate bridge on the way out of town where we visited 3 wineries, with a lunch in Sonoma. We were most impressed by the Jacuzzi vineyard. Being the only two on the tour July 30 and this being our 43rd anniversary, the day was passing quickly and Aloys offered to take us to Muir Woods to see Red Woods very impressive. On the return we were taken to a special lookout onto the Golden Gate bridge and took some really nice pictures. As we were nearly back in town, we made a special and maybe unusual request to go down the hill and curves on Lombard street. The request was without hesitation granted. My wife and I would highly recommend this company to anyone desiring a very special day in the SFO area,

Visited July 2013
“Made my birthday weekend fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Aloys is awesome and very hospitable. My two girlfriends and I went in beautiful July for my bday weekend. Aloy allowed us to spend as much time as we wanted at each winery. He first toured us through San Francisco, showing us all the popular spots and allowed us to get out and take pictures.. He was extremely knowledgable about the entire histiry of this city...

Then we began our wine tour at this awesome place called Jacuzzi. We girls kind of lost track of time and ended up staying there for 2-3 hours. We learned a lot about wine and champagne from Aloys on the way to Sonoma, and then our minds continued to be reveled in the education of more wines. I would have to say out if the three we went to, Jacuzzi was the best. Aloys also had a nice lunch spot for us to initially enjoy, but instead took us to The Girl In the Fig that I mentioned I really wanted to dine at... On the ride back he allowed us to pick out our own music, and he discreetly danced a little himself... ( we saw you) ;) All in all was perfect and i recommend this company 100%. For the price and what you really get, I would say is a steal.... Fantastica!!!!

Visited July 2013
Pocatello, Idaho
“An Awesome Day in Napa Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Thanks Green Hills for an absolutely FANTASTIC tour of Napa Valley. None of our small group (3 couples) knew exactly what to expect, but were treated to a thoughtful selection of wineries, stunning views of Napa Valley, and a lot of fun. Amber led our group, and was very personable, accomodating, knowledgeable, and absolutely wanted to make sure we got the most out of the trip. We don't normally opt for tours or guided trips on our vacations, but Amber & Green Hills may have changed our perception on that. I would say you should absolutely sign up for this daylong tour!!!

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Green Hills wine tour was the absolute highlight of our first trip to the west coast. It was a comfortable van, with seven guests in total (a great group of folks I might add). The guide was excellent - catered to the group and really made it a personalized tour. If you are wanting to experience the wine country do yourself a favour and book a Green Hills wine tour... You won't be disappointed!