“Historic park” 5 of 5 stars

New York
17 attraction reviews
“Historic park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went to second from last game for the first time. Old stadium in need of replacement but history everywhere. Before game exhibit of Superbowl trophies was great. Parking was a nightmare. 2 hours to leave at end due to crazy traffic.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Interesting ballpark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Unlike the previous reviewers, my trip to Candlestick was for baseball. It was 1986 and my beloved NY Mets were on their way to the World Series. At home, tickets were scarce, even the nosebleed seats. That summer, a group of us undertook a baseball tour following the Mets across the country. The most outstanding stadium was Candlestick, we attended one night game and two day games. The day games were fine, a little windy but lots of sun. The night game in late July was another story. It was cold! It was windy! When the fog came it was something out of a scary movie. It crept in slowly, the fingers of fog creeping in over the stands, the only thing missing was the eerie music. I don't remember much about the stadium but we had great seats in the grandstand, along the first and third baselines and behind homeplate. It was an awesome visit Getting to and from the park was fairly easy, we drove on Friday and Saturday and traffic to the stadium was minimal, parking was easy, I remember clearly the SFPD officer in his pink sunglasses. On Sunday we used public transportation and it was so easy but we had to ditch ours Mets hats. The Mets won all three games. It is sad that so many baseball parks are being replaced, there's a certain atmosphere to the stadiums built in the late 50's early 60's that is missing in their replacements.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
14 attraction reviews
“Candlestick”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was beyond excited to go watch my beloved Seahawks in beautiful SF, but let me say this was by far the worst sports experiance of my life. I have been to many stadiums for sporting events in many differant cities and states and I will say 80% of SF fans are the most vile people I have ever came in contact with! There were 6 year olds screaming profanities at us with the parents egging them on, men screaming an inch from my face to get the F out! I was terrified of this place. I wont really comment on the park since it will not be there next season but I will say it was as ugly as the fans.

Green River, Wyoming, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Great time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

While I had been to Candlestick & loved it & the 49ers since I was a child, this December was the first time I had the chance to attend a game at the stadium. Always wanted to go to a game there so, made plans earlier in the year as not to miss out on the last season the 49ers would play there. While the stadium is outdated there is no denying the memories and great times had by many fans throughout the years. We were mainly a group of 49er fans with a couple Seahawks mixed in, my husband being one of them. The 49er regulars were great for the most part. Giving my husband a good spirited difficult time at the beginning and then by the end of the game had become friends. Alot of fun had by all and made it even more memorable with a 49er win. We booked transportation through 49er Experience, which made getting to and from the game very convinient. I hope this service remains available with transportation to the new stadium. Glad I got to have the experience even if it was only once. The fans did the stadium proud for one of it's last games with cheers so loud that I overheard someone say "I haven't heard it this loud in here since "the catch"! The excellent review is mainly due to the sentimental value of the stadium & experience. Candlestick you will be missed!

Coalville, Utah, Usa
7 attraction reviews
“This is a temple to the football gods.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have been a 49ers fan since 1981, like most of my generation x peers. The stadium is dated and the seats are faded. But sitting there in the house Montana built was super cool. So many great teams, players and moments passed through there. The strangers sitting by me were all friends by the end of the game because that moment was ours. If you don't go this year, you will regret it for the rest of your mediocre life.