“Sheila does it right!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast
You added Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1257 Guerrero, San Francisco, CA 94124 (Mission District)   |
Ranked #13 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Keller, Texas
“Sheila does it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I just returned from a lovely 3 night stay at Noe's Nest. The location is perfect if you are exploring or visiting someone in Noe Valley or the Mission. The Nest is right between the two and is also near public transportation. Sheila, Cindy and everyone else at the Nest makes their guests feel most welcome and I noticed several of my breakfast mates were returning guests and had become friends over the years.

Cindy gave me a great tour of the garden that she is most proud of and it was a wonderful place to spend time either in the morning or evening. This garden is a delight and Cindy has taken great care with it.

The bed in my room (Kendra's room..ask about it) was so COMFY! They have several excellent cooks for breakfast and will custom-make anything you wish that is not already present on the breakfast counter.

Talk to Sheila if she is around. She is a wealth of knowledge about the area and loves meeting her guests. She does do it right and you will be glad you booked with the Nest and the people who take your needs to heart. I'll be back the next time I visit my son in Noe Valley.

Room Tip: Call ahead and explain your needs.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

When travelling around SF you see these amazing Victorian era houses and you wonder, what would they look like inside? Noe's B&B will give you great insight into what it's like living in these gorgeous houses. They have amazing windows and high ceilings, and the way Sheila has decorated the place with photos it really does feel like you're in the midst of someone else's sentimental memories, which for me feels really nice and homely.

I stayed in the Kendra room which faces out to the street which I quite liked. It wasn't noisy at all and it had all of the amenitiies we needed, a clean bathroom, TV, lots of wardrobe space to store our luggage. It was cosy but in no way small for a couple. The Wifi kept cutting out but on the day that I checked in an IT guy had come in to either fix or install a new router. I hope they get that fixed soon.

That bed is amazing, had the best sleep of my whole trip on that bed! I don't know what the thread count was on those linens but it was a dream to sleep on.

Had a lovely conversation over breakfast with the other guests in the B&B and had a great pesto and fetta cheese omelette prepared by Chef Daniel. He left at 10am that morning so please make sure you get up early to get a chance to have some breakfast. We didn't have anything else as we don't tend to have a big breakfast but we did see a few small muffins, pastries and fruit.

We only stayed the one night as planned. If you could stay for longer and your budget allows it, I would recommend staying at Noe's as your base to explore SF. You're only two blocks away from the 24th and Mission BART. And it was only a few days later that we realised how close it was to the Mission, a slightly dodgier part of town where you're constantly wondering whether you should walk on the other side of the street instead. But I can safely say that if you're staying at Noe's you will be pretty safe, just don't venture too close to the Mission after hours.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed here in May on a Sunday and then the following Wednesday while visiting our daughter who lives in the Mission. Sheila, the host, is friendly, but scattered. She had left us the key for our Wed nite stay, but ended up knocking on our door at 11pm because she forgot we were there. Breakfast is less than we are used to at a B&B - help-yourself bagels, fruit, cheeses. Beds were very comfortable. We were in the Sheila room one night, beautiful view, private deck, windows around the bed, steam shower, wifi and a TV. Price is a value for SF.

Room Tip: Ask for the Shelia Room (not on the website)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I have stayed at Noe's Nest four times now, sometimes with family, sometimes on my own. We found it because my daughter was living around the corner (literally) in Noe Valley, but I would come back again even if she moved. It's a great, quirky place, like a window on what SF must have been like in the sixties. Each room is a little different, but all have comfortable beds, cable, and whatever else you might expect. My favorites are the Shiela Room, which is on the second floor in the back, with a small deck overlooking the garden, and the View Room, which is just above that and has an amazing view through a huge picture window. Shiela Ash runs Noe's Nest, and it is overflowing with family memorobelia and quirky artwork (be sure to check out the jazz band in the alcove on the way to the third floor). Breakfasts are communal around the big breakfast table, and each time I have been there I have found the other guests intersting and friendly. Many of them are like me; visiting family in the neighborhood. However, even though it is not in the mainstream of SF, it is only a couple of blocks from the BART and the MUNI, so even if you are not visiting family, it would still be a good base of operations for a visit to SF.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I decided to try something different for my annual visit to see my son in San Francisco this year; I would take the train, rather than drive, and try to find lodgings close to his apartment on the west side of the Mission district. I found a gem!! Noe's Nest, easy walking distance to my son's place, was a wonderful experience. This Victorian home was filled with fascinating furnishings and collections. Shiela and Cindy, my hostesses, made sure I was comfortable while sharing their wonderful stories. The many delicious breakfast choices were enhanced by the company of fellow guests from all over the world. I plan to return and can certainly recommend this gem to other travelers!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

If you'd like to stay in a beautiful old home with really fun art and antique collections all over it, a charming host and guests, a delicious breakfast, and a good night's sleep; this is the place.

We stayed in The Doll Suite which includes a living room and shares a kitchen with another attic room. The attic kitchen was great for storing left-overs from the great restaurants in the neighborhood and also provided a way to get a head start on our coffee consumption in the morning.

If you're a big TV watcher you might be disappointed. There was one in the living room and one in the bedroom - with full satellite channels - but they were small flatscreens. Not a factor for us.

Sheila, the proprietor, is proud of her garden and should be. It's a great place for solitude in an already quiet neighborhood.

We had no car so can't tell you about parking. The Muni stop on Church and 24th St. is only a short walk.

We've stayed at a lot of B&Bs and Noe's Nest is just what we've come to expect for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Sheila has an amazing, quirky house, just like the lady herself!
Gorgeous house, lovely garden where I enjoyed tasty breakfast in the pretty, pretty garden.
Would recommend it

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Noe's Nest Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!