“Great pad thai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Million Thai Restaurant

Million Thai Restaurant
55 - 5th St (inside Milano Hotel), San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
Website
Neighborhood: SoMa
Houston, Texas
“Great pad thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and i stopped here for a late night beer and food. The restaurant is a busy bar at night, it was fun. I had the pad thai and it was great. Perfect place to finish the night if you are staying in the area.

Visited July 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“good thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was practically next door to where we were staying, superb food served quickly very good

Visited June 2012
“Couldn't resist the aroma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

We kept smelling the wonderful aromas coming from this place as we came and went from our hotel next door so we decided to give it a try. We weren't disappointed. The food was very tasty and quite plentiful. The curry was especially good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“MUST EAT HERE anytime BUT after 5pm!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

August 6, 2011 Sat. 2:45pm, Restaurant was empty. it was clearly change of shift therefore I had four different servers- All were good yet I wished I had only one. Service was erratic, easy to see everyone wanted to end their shift and get out. 3 p.m.: Waiters were shutting down the Buffet (I did not look at it nor would I have chosen it). The buffet might have been good based upon the quality of my meal though.

PROS: My two Thai dishes were wonderful. The cooks provided me with dishes that were cooked and spiced correctly though not as spicy I like.
My palate is based upon living in Chiang Mai, Thailand (from Modesto, CA.): my meal was very good for what I ordered:
1) Som Tum Thai- a Green Papaya Salad--I asked for Thai HOT version…mine had too many peanuts, no dried shrimp. Delicious and spicy. Despite all, it was very good.
2), Yam Laab Moo (ground Pork Salad: Very good… asked my Thai waiter to make it "prik mak mak", Thai for "very spicy". But I still needed to ask for "prik nam plaa" (diluted fish sauce with sliced Thai chiles, a staple on every table in Thailand)…not on any of these tables without asking.

Glad to see that ALL my waiters spoke Thai and English quite well, bodes well for the cuisine.
The Thai food is very good…UNTIL it is dinner or late at night….as they want to bring in the bar bucks from the hotel.

CONS: The Restaurant IS very tacky. I cannot decide if it is a sports bar or restaurant due to large screen blaring TV's throughout. I spent 18 months in Thailand…and I know that this is a very Thai sty' (style) place. VERY disappointed that the menu used AMERICAN words rather than Thai words with English after.

Having been here ONCE before at night I can say: The evening is LOUD, food at that time not memorable, caters to a Bar crowd. I am so Glad I did return at a quiet time and got great food. I cannot vouch for it at other times.

I'd give it an above average (four points) except for my evening experience.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MD
“Don't Order Takeout”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Probably won't eat there again. We called for take out, on the phone the lady said 10-15 minutes, but after we arrived we waited for an additional 20 minutes. We ordered the spicy eggplant dinner with pork but ours didn't have any pork in it. We also ordered the duck dinner didn't come with any rice or noodles, was just a plate of duck. The food wasn't bad, but it's not a place I would visit often.

• Visited April 2012