“Real buzz” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Boulange

La Boulange
1909 Union Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina District)
415-440-4450
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Marina District
“Real buzz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We dropped in for an impromptu dinner for our 10 th wedding anniversary on a Friday evening. We had no booking but managed because we were early to get a bar stool and bench to eat at. We choose this restaurant because of the reviews which were excellent. At first the menu did not appeal, however we decided to stick with it. We both had duck croquettes to start followed by pork chop or red snapper. The food was fabulous and I got the sense that lots of locals eat here from the greetings exchanged. The wine was lovely too. One word of advice, I took a bar stool that suffered from a draught from the door which was open all evening. I know I was unlucky because my husband took pity and swapped seats and I was much warmer in his seat. If I'd been wearing warm clothes it wouldn't have been a problem. Otherwise book to ensure you have a table or choose your seat carefully.

Visited September 2013

Memphis, TN
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Clean, efficient, helpful personnel and very good coffee, pastries and sandwiches--what more can you ask for? I was pleased with each of the locations of La Boulange where I ate. By all means give it a try. Soon to be at your local Starbucks!

Visited September 2013
“So good morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

A quiet place where you can have breakfast near union square, the food is great and the service impeccable! Well done keep it up!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, Jamaica
“Yummy breakfast fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The front desk at our hotel suggested this as a breakfast place and it was an excellent recommendation.

They have a great menu selection fro breakfast including plenty fresh fruit. I chose an egg and smoked salmon breakfast. The eggs and smoked salmon were just simply delicious. Fluffy eggs, tasty smoked salmon, served on a delicious croissant, just yummy.

I also had their hot chocolate. If you are a chocolate lover you will turn somersaults over this. Its so rich, chocolately and creamy.

The cafe style design is also great, You can eat outside on the sidewalk which we did and that was fine (and believe it or not quieter).

Well worth the price, great location, and prompt service even with the stream of people walking through there. I would definitely eat there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“A great way to start the day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had breakfast at La Boulange a few times during our stay in San Francisco. We tried some of their egg sandwiches, pastries, cakes, specialty coffees and they were all very, very yummy. You really cannot go wrong! We highly recommend it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere