I attended a course which was taking place at this hotel and stayed here for convenience and due to the great group rate. I was really not disappointed! First of all, I can`t say if there are activities for kids, as I did not explore this aspect. This is not a new, luxurious hotel, however, it was perfect for me for the following reasons. The room was a nice size, had a view which I enjoyed (you could see buildings in the distance), a walk-in closet, a mini fridge and was very clean. A lovely buffet breakfast was included (eggs, sausage, toast, fruit, pastry, juice) as well as a 4-6pm afternoon free drink time (Personally, I did not attend this, but this is quite generous). The ambiance of the hotel was very friendly, the guests were often members back for reunions, and the lobby felt welcoming. The staff at reception and the concierge were very helpful, for example, they helped me with booking a hop on hop off city tour which I enjoyed tremendously. The hotel location was excellent, just a few steps away from shops, the Westfield mall, major department stores, Union square, lots of places to eat. After having seen the city, I was very happy to have stayed in this end, as it was easy to find transportation, or to walk around, even with just 30 minutes to spare. For the return to the airport, I recommend asking the concierge to book a shuttle for $15, which was much less expensive than a cab ride and very comfortable; just be sure to give yourself 60 minutes. There is a gym with a pool, but the elevator from the hotel can be `locked`, so you need to exit onto the street from the lobby, and turn the corner to enter the fitness area. The pool is a lap pool, and a little cold, but perfect if you are looking to swim laps and get an awesome workout, as you reserve your time and lane ahead of time (Just be sure to bring a cap and goggles).
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial Hotel
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.