I had a feeling that given the high prices of hotels in San Francisco this hotel would be good but not worth the money we had paid. I was wrong. This was our first stop on our three week honeymoon and we had an excellent experience at this hotel. The room was very comfortable and had a nice bathroom. The staff were friendly and welcoming and very aware of the amount of time they kept us for after 20 hours of travelling. Its rare to find staff putting your need to sleep over their need to sell you all of their services. They simply invited us to come back the following morning if we needed any further assistance/information.
The only negative thing we encountered was a lot of loud noise from the alleyway below at around 5am in the mornings. I guess this is the compromise you make in big cities and probably not avoidable anywhere given that work in the cities tend to start early.
They had a happy hour with free drinks in the restaurant in the afternoons which was a lovely idea and we really enjoyed sipping our drinks whilst looking at the great views out over the city.
Breakfast was good, great service from the waiters. Location was excellent and perfect for Union Square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco