We discovered this hotel through a friend. We loved staying there. It is an old hotel but located in a great part of town. Close to China Town, Powell St, Cable cars and other public transportation. The hotel is nicely decorated with items from several wars. The museum there is very interesting.
The rooms are small but very clean, as you would expect in a military facility. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Jeff the bell hop made you feel personally welcome.
We enjoyed the free cocktail hour daily and a wonderful full breakfast each morning. The view from the dining room is breathtaking. Highly recommend you have dinner there at least once.
The is by far the best deal in San Francisco!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco