I give the Marines Memorial a solid B+.
The location, only a block above Union Square, is fabulous. Parking at a discounted rate can be had at a lot only half a block away.
The lobby and dining room was attractive; the service helpful without being overbearing; and military history and artifacts are everywhere to be studied and enjoyed. We took advantage of the business center, and a two hour daily happy hour (complete with live pianist) and full buffet breakfast with a 12th floor city view is included in the reasonable room rate.
The room was clean and just a bit drab, though the bed was thoroughly comfortable. I needed 2 beds, which was actually a bit difficult to find in the city, and these were true doubles. Other hotels, if they had 2 beds at all, had either a queen and a twin or 2 twins.
There is room for improvement for bathroom cleanliness and the quality of the in room coffee. That said, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and will recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco