The location of this hotel is second to none.
We had a lovely room on the 8th floor. We had booked a queen room but we were upgraded . I e mailed them and asked for a high floor as my husband is a light sleeper, also a view if possible. I got a charming mail back almost by return saying no problem. The room was large and very nicely furnished, the bed was sublime. The most comfy bed I have EVER slept in on holiday. 10 out of 10 for bed comfort. Gorgeous soft bed linen and lots of soft pillows. The room was spotlessly clean.plenty of space for hanging clothes,even a walk in wardrobe which was great for storing bags.
The only thing that was slightly less than perfect was the breakfast. I do not eat dairy products or eggs. The choices were egg , milk, butter based no of which I can eat. There was friuit avail. Toast was available if you asked so I had toast every morning. There was every conceive able kind of milk except soy. That being said the food available was good quality, hot and plentiful .
There is a happy hour, well two in fact! Complimentary drinks for 2 hours, pretty much anything you wanted to drink. You could have as much or as little as you liked. The atmosphere in the bar was rocking. A very nice chap playing piano( request taken) added to the fun atmosphere. After happy hours we retired a couple of feet to the restaurant.lovely food, great wine, great atmosphere and at a reasonable price, a winner.
We loved this hotel, it's a bit quirky not your usual cookie cutter chain but that adds to the charm.
Would stay again and recomend it in a heartbeat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco