Okay, let me try to speak for those who have not been kind in their reviews. If you are looking for a vanilla-chain hotel feel, don’t stay here.
With that out of the way, if you want to experience history, a feel from times-past, excellent service from hotel staff, a complimentary happy hour and breakfast from a view-filled room, stay here. I am a history buff, and was excited from the moment we entered the lobby. The staff was friendly, and when we entered our small but very clean and comfortable room, we discovered that internet connectivity was not working. Within 15 minutes, a representative from the IT Department was at my door with a laptop running diagnostics. We were moved two doors down to another room and the issue was resolved.
This is a unique property, and I was there for a work-related meeting. The meeting room was ornate, and comfortable. Adjacent to the meeting rooms on the 11th floor was a library with artwork, comfortable seating, and a fireplace.
I look forward to returning with my family. The property is a short walk to Union Square, and we were saved from the cable car related noise on Powell. A great experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco