I ended up bidding on two nights in this hotel at an auction and winning. I should have read more carefully because they had to be used on Sun-Thursday night, I also was given a 50 dollar gift certificate to the restaurant. My husband deployed before he and I could use the nights so I took my Mom and two children. We went the week of Thanksgiving Sun-Tues, as their restaurant does not serve dinner and we were out sight seeing at lunch time I was unable to use the certificate. Their free breakfast, however, was fantastic.
The room was smaller than we normally get but lovely and clean and my only real complaint is that there is absolutely NO counter space in the bathroom. Had the closet and bathroom been better designed there would have been some room. This was a great location for the few things we did and we enjoyed our first trip to San Fran.
We will definitely consider returning but will probably get a suite for a bit more room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco