Me and my husband stayed 3 nights in a king size room on the 5th floor where the memorial plates were hung on the corridor walls. As we went in the hotel's main door I saw that hotel really deserves the name. Lots of badges, pictures, stuff etc were placed over the walls like a exhibition or a museum about marines. The receptionist was hospitable and after 5 minutes time we were done and going up with elevator to our room. We didn't see any welcome basket of fruits or cookies contrary to eileenm28's review. It wasn't a defect anyway. Room, bathroom, towels were clean. Only problem we had was on the last morning of our stay. We woke up with the noise coming from the next room. Really it was disturbing because we could hear the neigbours' laughing and conversation. They must be talking loudly; what we did is just simple. We knocked on the wall 3 times. Then it was silent.
The breakfast was on the 12th floor, it had a nice scene if you can sit on a table near the window your breakfast will be great. We were seated after a few minutes. Breakfast itself was reasonable. The staff frequently asked if we would like to have more orange juice or something else.
First night of our stay we needed a AAA battery and it was midnight. Thanks for security because he handled a pack of batteries which he bought from market next door at that time. Next morning when he saw me he asked if I'm okey with the batteries :)
I must say that it's location is really good because it's close to union square, BART Powell St. and cable car station. All these points are a 10 minutes walk away I guess. So if I go back to SF, I'll certainly check Marines for stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel is just off Union Square and the cable car next to art galleries and museums. Built in the 1920's the 138 room hotel is fully renovated with comfortable air conditioned guestrooms and suites. Free wireless, robes, wall safes, on demand movies, cable TV and breakfast for two included in the rates and 2 hour cocktail party nightly in the 12th floor steakhouse restaurant and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Marines Memorial Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marines Memorial San Francisco
- Marines Memorial Club
- Marines Memorial Hotel San Francisco