“Elegant Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Opera

You added Inn at the Opera to your Saves list
Inn at the Opera
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Fulton Street, San Francisco, CA 94102-4423 (Hayes Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% Off
Ranked #74 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Elegant Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I wanted to stay in a unique hotel that met our expectations, but also didn't break the bank. We were incredibly happy with our stay at the Inn a the Opera. I know the hotel offeres different types of rooms. We stayed in one of the Studio rooms on the 5th floor. We walked into a beautiful room! Robes were waiting for us on a hanger. There was a small fridge in the corner with a tiny kitchen counter. In the kitchen drawer there were eating utensils and a wine opener. We also had a coffee pot in our room. The room was clean every day when we got back and it satisfied my wife (who has very high cleanliness expectations). The staff at the front desk always greeted us when we got back and that was nice. They also offered a great continental breakfast each morning! If we ever visit San Francisco again we will only stay here.

Room Tip: We loved our Studio room on the 5th floor. We attached a photo.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

If you like bland tower hotels with standard rooms, this might not be the place for you. If you are charmed by a tiny, old-fashioned elevator and rooms that remind you of staying in a friend's guest room, then you will love the character of this nice hotel, conveniently located right by city hall and within walking distance of a bunch of great restaurants and cool shops.

When I return to San Francisco with my wife, I look forward to bringing her to this excellent value!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan R
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Inn at the Opera in March 2014 for five nights. We were anticipating a nice inn according to everything we had read and with Interval International it is considered a premier resort. I would not categorize this as a premier resort at all. It fell so far below our expectations and I would not recommend this place unless you like to stay in a hot box. Perhaps because we are from the East Coast we aren't used to a hot hotel. They tried to accommodate us at first by giving us one of the larger studio suites which faced the street so if you opened the windows it was extremely loud and the outside lights to the resort stay on all night so your room looks like a Christmas tree even with the blinds shut. The room was also so humid and smelled badly. We asked to move which they kindly did but moved us to a worse room. I had asked to see the room before we switched but was told that was not possible, the front desk clerk said the windows were different but that was all she said. They moved us to a 7th floor room which was more of a hot box and apparently in San Francisco the windows only open a few inches so there was hardly any air flow . In addition my husband got very sick and needed his linens changed and the management gave us the hardest time about that. It wasn't until the housekeeping supervisor came to our room that we were able to get our sheets changed. She was a big help. I will say that my daughters had another room and it was much better than ours. Overall we were very disappointed . We travel quite a bit and this place just did not meet our expectations at all. On a positive note the breakfast was very nice every day and the front staff overall was very friendly.

Room Tip: Choose room 27 not 28 and not rooms on higher floors unless you don't mind being hot no ac and w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank Vbmom2014
Devin F, Manager at Inn at the Opera, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate your nice words about our Housekeeping Supervisor and some of our other Associates. One of our greatest assets are the people who work here at the Inn - I will share your kind words with them.

I know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when you go on vacation and you did not receive this. Please accept my apologies. We will take your comments to heart and improve where we can.

I thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

From the moment we walked in and were greeted with freshly-baked cookies we were enchanted. The staff was so friendly we felt at home immediately. The room was small, but clean and cozy. There's a little area that's almost a kitchenette; the cupboards were stocked with glasses and bowls and there was silverware in the drawers. There's a refrigerator and a microwave. We had symphony tickets and wanted something close to the Davies Symphony Hall. We couldn't have asked for a better location! This hotel is about two blocks away. The neighborhood appears to be going through some gentrification, so there are a lot of interesting places to eat, including the restaurant in the hotel. I agree the elevator is a little slow, but that just adds to the quaintness of the place! I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip to the symphony!

Room Tip: We had room 1 on the top floor. The view wasn't that great, so maybe the higher number rooms hav...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Devin F, Manager at Inn at the Opera, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed the cookies (I’m forced to sample them occasionally to ensure that we are serving the best, LOL) and I’m really happy that our staff took good care of you during your visit here at the Inn. We are really lucky to have such great people working here.

Thank you again for your nice comments and we hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.
TEXAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We used Interval exchange points to stay at this Shell Hospitality property for a week and would consider staying in the hotel again in the future. The hotel was small, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and readily available to answer all questions. DVD machines are in all rooms and the front desk has an assortment of movies to watch. Each day, the complimentary breakfast was freshly prepared. Guests were allowed to take a "go box" back to the room as well as extra cups of coffee. Front desk staff will deliver ice to your room upon request. Guests will have to use their valet parking and pay for the service when checking out. We chose to use public transportation and it was a very easy walk to take a bus, the Bart, or a trolley. Housekeeping service was only provided once a week, but we were encouraged to ask for fresh towels if needed. The Inn is equipped with a mini kitchen. The only complaint was the internet service. It was extremely slow and would rarely stay connected. The front desk had to "reset" the wifi on the floor many times. The Inn at The Opera has a variety of rooms to choose from.

Room Tip: Due to construction, you might want to choose a room that doesn't face the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Devin F, Manager at Inn at the Opera, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you very much for you nice review. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

Please know that we are constantly striving to improve the services that we offer -one of those being our internet service. We are currently looking at some different options that we hope will make your next stay with us more enjoyable.

Thank you again.
lanex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was not sure what to expect - this was an Interval exchange and I had never stayed in a Shell Hospitality property before. Older property but nicely renovated and the staff were friendly and helpful. Great location about a block from City Hall, next to the Ballet and the Opera. The Hayes Valley location is a neighborhood in transition. I had people tell me before we left that the neighborhood was borderline but we found it safe and always felt comfortable within a 6-8 block area around the hotel when walking around at night. Within a short walk to public transportation. Would consider returning and would recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 894robertj
Danvers, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I stay at the Inn in February to visit friends that live in the area (Alamo Square). I was a short distance to them as well as the area attractions. the staff were very friendly and attentive. the room was extremely clean and cozy. we were given an upgrade upon our arrival to make up for the lack of valet parking. we ended up parking at the civic lot, just a 5 minute walk. I would not hestitate to stay there again for future visits and would recommend highly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple