“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oyster Bay Cove
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed with our 11 and 13 year old kids at this hotel. The room was lovely and the staff amazing. Always a smile to greet you and willing to help. Great gym and kids are allowed to swim at Marriott pool. Loved the coffee set up in the lobby in the morning with the latte machine. Location great. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Lovely to hear that you and your family had a great stay! Please do visit us again and we hope to welcome you back with more smiles and great service.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
San Jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We valet parked at the hotel with City Park June 28th. Had a girls only outing and had fun. However, I slept on the worst sofa bed ever. The springs poked me all night. Granted I don't usually sleep on a Sofa bed but it should be better quality for the amount of money for the room. We left the next day when I called for my Lexus to be brought out. They had it out front with the doors open facing away from us. We got in and drove away. It wasn't until later that I found they had badly scraped my front bumper on both sides - as though they tried to fit it between 2 pillars and got it stuck. I called the Four Seasons and both managers told me "The Valet is a 3rd party vendor so we have no responsibility". City Park Valet said they wouldn't do anything because it was obviously done before drove there. So, I asked to see the video footage and it was conveniently out of order for that particular day. Then I asked to see the ticket where the Valet is supposed to note any previous damage and they said it was lost. Then I received a call from their attorney saying that my ticket clearly states that if I drive away from the garage and don't report damage - they don't have to do anything about it. So, $900 later I just want to warn Everyone that does valet parking anywhere! Check your car before you drive away. It could save you $900 or more. And shame on Four Seasons! If you hire a 3rd party vendor you SHOULD be responsible or make them responsible for the safety and good of your clientele.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

It Is an absolute shame there is no decent place to stay in San Francisco, the Hotel looks like a Marriott Courtyard and it is tasteless in every sense, The rooms are a cookie cutter style, a morgue bathroom style, the carpet with a horrible smell, the lights have no coherence at all, the sheets are like a cardboard, horrible decoration from the entrance, the lobby up to the hallways and for shure in the rooms, the mattress that use to be phenomenal now it is a mess, Four Seasons SF General Manager do you self a favor, go to any Peninsula Hotel ask for some advise in High end Staff service and call Adam Tihany ask him to renew your hotel, it is revolting, the worst part at the bar "MKT" they have one bloody Champagne brand by the glass, how is that possible? The worst Kempkinski Hotel in Shanghai (where nobody drinks champagne) Have 4 selections by the glass. What does this pseudo Four Seasons has to do with something like George V in Paris? Nothing so change the name and call it Courtyard by Marriott

Room Tip: Forget it better stay at the Mandarin Oriental
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I deeply apologize that you did not have a great stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide candid feedback. We will do better in communicating with our guests, from the different rooms types we offer to the varieties of sparkling wines available in MKT. I'd love to learn more about your visit and see how we can improve upon our guests' experience. If you have the chance, I can be reached at (415) 633-3000‎.

We have 6 sparkling wines by the glass:

2 Champagnes; Moet and Roederer
A rose sparkling from Burgundy
A prosecco
and
2 american sparkling wines.

Feel this is OK :))

My answer would be very apologetic, very much interested to find out more of his stay to fix service issues :)
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I was woken up by a smoke alarm sounding over an intercom in the room. Beep. beep..... Beep, beep, "this is an emergency evacuation of the hotel". I looked at the clock. It was 2am. The recorded voice continued with step=by=step instructions on getting out of bed, getting dressed, leaving the room and proceeding down the hallway to the nearest emergency exit. I look out my door down the hallway at half asleep people wandering down the hall like zombies. In the other direction, 2 security officers were urgently fiddling with the fire alarm. I asked "what's up?"
"Probably a false alarm, but the fire department has to turn it off."
An entire 17-story, 5-star hotel was a evacuated for someone smoking in the hallway. WOW!!
It was a creepy, surreal experience. After I left, I felt like I'd escaped from an institution.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I only got to stay here for one night but I will definitely be back. The staff really takes care in recognizing their guests and their needs, and is efficient and kind. I was made to feel like a very special guest which I greatly appreciate. The room was fantastic, so quiet, and the amenities wonderful. I loved the access to Sports Club LA. It was a restful visit and just what I needed while on a crazy business trip. I can't wait to return.

Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We traveled with our two kids and stayed in a one bedroom suite over the holidays. Kids slept in the sofa bed. It was reasonably spacious for the city. Beautiful room and bathroom, with a nice view of the neighborhood (SOMA). They provided us with robes for the kids, along with milk and cookies on arrival for the kids. The hotel gets high marks for location (short walk to the downtown shopping mall, easy access to BART and the cable cars), service, and the fact that (adult) guests have access to a real gym. It is expensive but a beautiful hotel. There seem to be limited dining options within the hotel compared to other properties, but with so many wonderful restaurants in the city, this is not a major concern.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christian K, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
I'm so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel, its location and the amenities for the kids. We do offer MKT Restaurant - Bar and in-room dining, and as you mentioned San Francisco does have many dining options. We hope to welcome you back again, and we'd be happy to provide a list of places to go with your family or additional dining options to explore.

Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I was back for a 2nd 3-night stay and it was just as nice as the first time. The service we received from everyone--room service, housekeeping, valet, front desk, bell desk--was wonderful. The location is a good starting point for exploring San Francisco.

They pleasantly accommodated 3 people in our room, where we had a king bed and a comfortable cot for an extra $50/night.

The room service food was pretty good, but overpriced. And wifi is not included in the room price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco? Share your experiences!