“Good work stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good work stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Was there last week for business meetings. All in all, it was a great hotel room, access to great workout facilities, convenient location, OK food/bar, good service. Don't know price comparison when comparing with competition in Financial District though.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Please come visit us in San Francisco again soon.

Doug Housley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Upon arriving at the Four Seasons I was glad for the doorman's assistance in finding my way to the elevators to the 5th floor lobby. It's a bit of a maze, but once you're in the lobby the tranquility of this place envelops you. I was greeted by friendly desk clerk who informed me that my room wasn't quiet ready yet. He took my bags and I went and sat in the lobby and read. Ever-so-often he, or another staff member would stop by to update me, I really appreciated that. At one point I informed the staff I had a dinner engagement I needed to prepare for in an hour. Moments later I was on my way to my room, bags already delivered.
The room I was in had one of those lovely bathtubs that you can immerse yourself in. After a week of cramped hotel tub showers at the other location I was staying and a day of walking around the city it was very enjoyable to relax in a nice bath tub.
The Four Seasons does the little touches just right. Coming back from dinner to find clothes folded neatly, bathroom items organized on matts and a bottled water beside my bed was very nice.
My only complaint about this hotel is the wifi. It was incredibly slow. They have two levels of internet, one faster than the other, which I think for a property like this is a bit out-of-place. I don't think hotels should charge for wifi, especially if they are premium properties, but if they do, it shouldn't be teared service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
FSSanFrancisco, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Four Seasons. Thank you for your constructive feedback about our internet, I will ensure to let our upper management staff know. We hope to see you again soon!

Kaitlin Russell
Assistant Front Office Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Fabulous stay at this hotel. I appreciate the attention to detail, the friendly and helpful staff. The hotels are always so quiet and smell fresh and clean. I hope to return to the SF Four Seasons again soon. I would love to bring my family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Four Seasons San Francisco. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you and your family soon.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco is a beautiful hotel well located in the downtown financial district. It's easy to walk to all of the best shopping in the city, restaurants, the Ferry Building and the Embarcadero. The cable cars are close by to explore Nob Hill and other areas. The staff goes above and beyond on every level...front desk, concierge, wait staff, bartenders...the doormen even remembered our names! The public areas are elegant & tasteful. Our deluxe city view room on a high floor was large, comfortable, and well-appointed. We enjoyed the bar @ MKT...a very lively scene. The restaurant MKT was terrific too...we took breakfast there every day during our one week stay & dinner too was excellent. We liked the fact that it is primarily a business hotel...therefore the public areas, restaurant, etc were not filled with screaming children.

Room Tip: High floors offer the best view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive comments. I am happy hear you enjoyed our new restaurant MKT. We hope to see you next time you return to San Francisco.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My recent visit to the Four Seasons San Francisco was great. The hotel is conveniently located a couple blocks from Union Square and the trolley car pick up.

The room was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. I had a great view of the city and the room had a window seat, which was a nice touch. It is connected to a great gym on the 4th floor that has a basketball court, swimming pool, weight room and cardio machines.

The hotel met my high expectations for it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FSSanFrancisco, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the famous trolly cars. We hope to have you join us in San Francisco again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Enjoyed my stay for a brief business trip. Conveniently located close to Union Square for a quick shopping dash. Higher levels and South facing are quieter, but less interesting view. Just one block from Powell BART station if you don't want to spend on taxi to get to/from SFO airport.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend for a conference held at the hotel. I had a deluxe view room which was very nice although the view was not great as the hotel is surrounded by other tall buildings. Excellent service and the food they served at the conference was delicious. The location is great for exploring all of the shops and sights of downtown. Less than one block to the BART train that takes you to the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home We look forward to seeing you again during San Francisco's next big convention, if not sooner.

Doug Housley

Been to Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco? Share your experiences!