“Great location, service and room in San Francisco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni San Francisco Hotel

You added Omni San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Omni San Francisco Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #2 of 234 Hotels in San Francisco
ft worth
“Great location, service and room in San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We stayed at htis hotel for the 2nd time and it was as outstanding as our first visit. The location is great, within walking distance of everything and right on the cable car line. We booked a king room adjoining a kids fantasy suite. The kids room was outfitted by Pottery Barn. It had a set of twin bunk beds with kids bedding, blankets, quilts, etc. Bean bags, a comfy chair, a small couch, books, stuffed animals, small table and chairs, mini fridge with kid amenities all reasonably priced, stools for bathroom counters and mini robes.

The doormen, Barney & Hugo, are very kind and helpful. The service at this hotel is very attentive. Rooms is sapcious and clean. If you stay in a room that does not face California street it is really quiet.

Omni select member program provides dailey beverage and paper each morning, They also have a small breakfast selection that can be delivered with your beverage and it is less money and good quality for room service.

Upon check in kids can receive fun bags. This is mostly a business hotel but has some amenities for families and is accomodating yet not over run with kids everywhere.
You can walk three blocks to Chinatown, we walked all the way up and down Columbus to the Pier and visited parks along the way. Union square is about a seven block walk.
I would recommend the California Academy of Sciences as a 1/2 day event. It is the new aquarium, rainforest, museum, planetarium and living rooftop exhibit.
Great restaurants in the area: Hang An for chinese food on Clay, NorthBeach pizza delivers to the hotel, there is now a Cheesecake Factory in Union square, and many great Italian Places in North Beach to eat. Tried Tadich Grill, recommended as local spot near hotel....server was snooty, food was just average, prices very high. The steak was good but not worth the price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Greek first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

I just completed a 3 night stay at the Omni hotel for a business conference. I have to say with being on the road some 150+ nights a year, I was very impressed with this hotel. Check inn was very fast and friendly. The room was spotless with arguably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The bathroom was nice with a tall shower, good water pressure and just hot enough. The internet for now is a LAN cable however they are upgrading to wireless and should be done soon.

Our conference was on the 3rd floor and the staff were great. In fact every employee I ran into said something to me Hi, Good morning, Good afternoon while using my last name. The bellman out front were always opening the door for you and helpful for any information you may need.

I would like to point out that parking valet is expensive at $50.00 per day. You really do not need a car with this hotel's location. China town is steps away or if you prefer other places to eat several are around the hotel and very good.

Checkout was smooth at 615AM with the bellman very friendly. Hot coffee was being served in the lobby.

Overall I highly suggest this hotel. As I stated above, I am a road warrior and was very happy with my stay at the Omni San Francisco!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

My fiancee and daughter decided to all go together for a quick 1 day trip up to SF for business. My daughter (who is 7) had never been on a business trip with her dad or San Francisco for that matter...so I decided to try and find a place that was kid friendly. After searching many hotels I decided to try out the Kids Suite at the Omni. It was also located across the street from my meeting so it made sense at the time.

As suites go the rate was comparable....as to value....priceless!!! When we arrived, the front desk described to me the way the suite was laid out...essentially two rooms joining each other through a common door. When we came upstairs and my daughter opened her room...she walked in with amazement. Bunk beds, stuffed animals, overstuffed couch, books, kid mini bar, bean bags, and the list goes on. She was immediately at home...and smiling...which made us smile.

The next day when we decided to check out, we mentioned to the front desk how wonderful our stay was....and told them about Rufus...the stuffed dog my daughter fell in love with....a good touch to keep kids happy. We left to tour China town...about 3 hours later we returned and Justin (who was working the front desk at the time) noticed we came back for our bags...and when my fiancee came through the lobby about 10 minutes later before we got into the hotel limo...Justin handed her a key to the room and told her to go back upstairs and get "Rufus" the dog.....his reasoning was quite simple.

"WE WANT OUR GUESTS TO BE PERFECTLY HAPPY"

What a great way to end the trip. My daughter loves that dog....it made her experience in SF unforgetable...and we came home with a nice souvenir.

We have decided the OMNI is our new home base in SF....

Thanks again Justin.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day at the Omni San Francisco! We stayed in a gorgeous and spacious deluxe King room with City views. The room was beautifully appointed, and the bed was plush and comfortable! I loved the personalized welcome note from Marina the housekeeper. The door and bell staff, especially Sam, were all attentive and helpful. Taufique and Justin at the front desk were funny, friendly, and professional. They both made sure that a special request I had made to surprise my boyfriend was handled perfectly! The location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance to North Beach and Chinatown. And the recommendation for brunch at Cafe de La Presse was wonderful! Thank you for a memorable Valentine's Day weekend!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

Stayed at the Omni San Francisco in July / August 2008 after being in Berkeley for a few days.

Since my girlfriend was on a conference in Berkeley, I travelled into San Francisco on BART one day and found my bearings and the Omni.

We were planning on arriving before the advertised check-in time, so I thought I would inform the hotel and see if there was anything they could do for us?

I was promptly informed that it would not be a problem and a note would be put on our booking giving us priority.

When we actually made it to San Francisco we were greeted by a very friendly and courteous porter who took our bags and directed us to the check in desk. Check in was swift and as requested, our room was ready early.

As the porter took us up in the lift he gave us some local information, this was much appreciated. Upon showing us the room, we were very impressed by the size and comfort.

The room (standard) was quiet, serviced regularly (with evening turn-down) and very comfortable.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with everything from local information to cinema listings and restaurant reservations (The Cheesecake Factory).

Never ate breakfast or any meals at the hotel restaurant as we wanted to explore and try local cafes and restaurants.

Location was not a problem (in the financial district - a bit away from main shopping area), as we quite enjoyed navigating the hills / tram cars / grid system and exploring the city as we went!

Would definitely recommend as a top hotel in San Francisco - can't wait for next time!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sonoma County , California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

This was the 3rd time we have stayed att his hotel and the service has been superb each time. My daughter, who is 8, loved the kid friendly attitude of the staff. The location cannot be beat because it is close enough to Union Square, Chinatown, and North Beach without being too far from Ferry Building and Market Street Malls. Also, it is very reasonably priced if you compare to other similar properties.

• Liked — Location, Price, and service
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

We had a wonderful 3 nights at the Omni. Perhaps what stands out most is the fact that the staff were always friendly and very professional. Kids are well looked after at this hotel - ours received Omni backpacks on arrival. They loved, among other things in the pack, the tweezers which make jelly beans glow. There is a kids menu available to order from on room service. A note about the french fries for kids: ask for un-seasoned fries if your kids don't like them flavoured with herbs. But the hotel itself was just right in every way - understatedly elegant, with clean, comfortable, spacious rooms and bathrooms. Street noise was not much of a problem, though police car sirens kept me awake one night.

The Omni is in the financial district and there is not much buzz around the hotel. However, it is not a long walk to either the Union Square or Chinatown/North Beach areas. As to be expected in San Francisco, it is an uphill walk from Union Square to the Omni and an even steeper climb from the Omni to Chinatown. Trams stop just outside the hotel - these trams are good for those with a day pass (or longer), but individual trips can be expensive at about $5 per person per trip. Cabs are definitely the quickest and possibly cheapest way of getting around.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Cost of valet parking
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Omni San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!