“Great place to stay! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni San Francisco Hotel

You added Omni San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Omni San Francisco Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking or Rooms!
Ranked #2 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Great hotel & it's right on the California cable line too! We upgraded to a California suite & it was much roomier than a standard room. Overall Service was excellent. Front desk was very helpful. They gave great restaurant recommendations too. Valet & Doorman were very friendly & helpful too. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Greek first
Morgan Hillu, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were very surprised and very happy to be able to check in very early. We had an 8:00 am meeting and asked to leave our bags at the hotel and they let us check in. That really impressed us and made things much easier. After our class, we were able to come straight back and get ready for dinner without having to go through the whole check-in experience. We were thrilled and told everyone at the conference/meeting

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Montebello, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were on a 5 day road trip full of motels and little hole in the wall lodges. We decided to treat ourselves for one night in San Francisco. From bring greeted with a glass of champagne to the lovely furnishings in our room. All first class. After strolling the city we ended up back at the hotel for dinner. Absolutely delicious!

Stayed August 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights passing through San Francisco in early July this year; I'd chosen the Omni from earlier write-ups and we weren't disappointed. It's set between China Town and the Bay and conveniently placed for the California Line streetcars. If you prefer taxis, they pass the door regularly or Reception will order you one at 5 minutes' notice. Rooms are clean, air-conditioned and well-kitted out, the beds were sumptuous and the rooms quiet. If you like to dine in the hotel restaurant there isn't one but the food we ordered through room service was very tasty. I'd recommend it as a good tourism base.

Room Tip: Our higher room was quiet but marginally prone to variations in shower temperature; all rooms with A...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Superb location in Financial District. Public transportation is handy. North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf and other attractions are an easy walk. The rooms are elegant with very nice bath rooms. The mattresses are not as comfortable as I would have hoped. The bell, door and valet parking staff are first rate. I had 4 encounters with Front Desk Staff and they were 2 for 4 in terms of helpfulness. Perhaps they are all new and being trained. The gym is extremely good. When I travel for business, I sometimes stay in an watch TV to re charge. I'm happy to say that they had very good selection of cable channels. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from California St. The Cable Cars are charming, but can be noisy.
Mansfield, Tx, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was sent to SF on business and was allowed to bring my wife. We stayed for 3 days. We got the room type of our choice with no trouble. The staff was efficient, congenial and very professional. The rooms was extremely well appointed and very clean. The meal a Bob's was a wee pricey, but it was excellent food.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This review has been a long time coming, and I apologize to the folks at the Omni for the lag! When I moved to California in 2007, I left behind a special boyfriend. When he came to visit me, I wanted to do something nice and treat him to a weekend of luxury. After researching many hotel reviews (including reviews of the hotel I once worked for), I decided upon the Omni. I was initially attracted to its location--downtown and somewhat central, but not SO downtown that noise and crowds were a problem. From the very moment we arrived, the word "luxury" ceased to be adequate, and I found myself needing to create a word that encompasses luxury, attentiveness, politeness, elegance, and relaxation. Suffice it to say, I am still looking. The first people we encountered were the doorman and the valet. Both were friendly and prompt in service, and both seemed genuinely glad for our business. Within minutes, the courteous front desk staff had us checked in to our room despite the fact that we arrived two hours before check in. Even though I had neglected to request it when I booked online, switching my room to a beautiful corner, city room was easy to do...at no extra charger! On the way to our room, we were treated to hot apple cider (it was November) and fresh-baked cookies in the lobby. And the room? Gorgeous. Clean, well-appointed, bright, fresh-smelling, and ENORMOUS, the room made it difficult for us to motivate ourselves to head to the exercise facility...which we eventually did and found a fitness center with every amenity we could possible want, including complimentary chilled water. In fact, the setting was so romantic that rather than waiting until we got to the restaurant that evening, my boyfriend decided to propose IN the hotel room! Not surprisingly, this hotel has special significance for us, and we make it a point to journey back to San Francisco at least twice a year, and each time, we INSIST on staying at the Omni. Thanks for the memories!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!