“we'll be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni San Francisco Hotel

You added Omni San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Omni San Francisco Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking or Rooms!
Ranked #2 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Foz do Iguacu, PR
“we'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a solid hotel choice. Bit of a splurge for us, but there is no doubting the service and attention to detail in choosing an Omni hotel. We think it's worth it for a short stay. Quiet, quality rooms and friendly staff. We stayed with our little kids on short notice last week and enjoyed coming 'home' at the end of each day... to cookies and milk, no less. Nespresso machines in the room. Iced tea and fresh fruit in the lobby each afternoon. I wanted to thank 'Meg' and everyone else who helped in getting our forgotten passports to the airport in time for our flight. (I guess that would also include the staff at the airport information centre at international departures.) Great San-Fran experience :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Greek first
Batesville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very nice hotel with good staff for the most part. Parking is very expensive, of course, and internet isn't complimentary. Had two $12 Maker's at bar, which weren't done very well. Again, nice place in a convenient location, with very nice and helpful staff. Just missing a couple things I think are fair to expect in this price range.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We usually prefer smaller hotels, inns or apartments. But because of location we booked a room at the Omni and could not have been more impressed! We were traveling with two of our children and the milk and cookies every night just bowled them over. The service was the best I have ever had at a large hotel. The concierge was full of personality, nice to my kids, and very helpful. The doormen were exceptional and made us feel so welcome every time we returned. I would recommend the Omni to anyone going to San Francisco. Whatever they are doing in their customer service training is working!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My second stay in 30 proved exceptional thanks to the GM reaching out to me after I shared some issues I had in August. While I was welcomed to return let me be clear I was not offered a free room but an upgrade and a promise this stay would be exceptional. It was. The folks here knew I need some special items for my Son's birthday and the GM took care of everything on advance of my arrival. I highly recommend a premium room to anyone coming here . It's close to everything and the staff was great and as a Starwood's Gold Member I appreciated the free wifi. The lobby and public areas are comfortable and it was a great stay thanks to Simone and her terrific staff. I will come back next
month. It's a fine hotel for business or pleasure and again it's close to everything .

• Stayed September 2013
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed at the Omni for an overnight stay on the way home from another event. The America's cup was on at the time, so the place seemed quite busy.Hotel was, as always, friendly and convenient, and quick. Not a cheap stay, but pretty good value all in all. Front door staff are very helpful and friendly -- some of them have been there for many years, as have the bellman. Bobs Steakhouse serves breakfast, but is pretty pricey for what you get, which is to be expected in a city hotel. It is a classy breakfast and no surprise. Not worth walking around to save a couple if bucks, really. Just enjoy it!. A nice hotel, convenient to many attractions, and one I return to many times. Note to management: While the room was tidy and "clean", finding a champagne cork in the arm chair doesn't go along with expectations. A little care needed here!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was booked at this hotel for a meeting that took place there. I had the most basic room. It was spacious with a comfortable king size bed, lounge chair, and desk. The bathroom had everything you would expect - toilet, single sink, bath/shower, vanity mirror. There were robes in the closet, hair dryer in the bathroom, alarm clock on the nightstand, minibar, safe, and tv. The minibar was ridiculously expensive so I just went down to the bar, got a drink, and brought it upstairs to my room. The TV was small and old fashioned. The room did not have an ipod docking station. The noise level was high, probably because I was on a low floor. The hotel itself looks a bit dated, but everything was in working order. The food at the conference and at Bob's was excellent. The staff was superb. For the price, I think this place is a great deal. It is not what I would call a luxury hotel but it is acceptable for a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel because it is located within walking distance of a San Francisco client. The hotel is lovely - the lobby has an old-world, grand and elegant feel. My room was the size of a standard hotel room, but well appointed with the nicest bath towels I think I have ever had in a hotel! The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient.

My only issue had to do with the internet service. On the second night I was there, it was extraordinarily slow. When I called the front desk to ask if there was a problem, they were not able to respond or to help, nor did they try - they immediately connected me to the internet provider's "help desk" - which was clearly not at the hotel. The "help desk" wanted to run through a normal troubleshooting list that included looking at how my PC was configured. I knew that wasn't the issue - my PC had been working fine until just before this happened. I suspect they just needed to reset the router. I would suggest that the hotel have some ability to troubleshoot internally - rather than just referring guests to the third party provider. It was frustrating and, ultimately, didn't help.

I would certainly recommend this hotel - and can understand why it is rated as the #3 hotel in San Francisco!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!