“business trip financial district” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni San Francisco Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Omni San Francisco Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (Financial District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking or Rooms!
Ranked #2 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Rishon Lezion, Israel
“business trip financial district”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

great location, reasonable price, room and service was great. staff very helpfull and friendly. located walking distance from china town, market street and pier 39. highly recomended. good and effective valet parking. walgreems steps by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

2,738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels around the world and I tend to choose 5 star when I can afford it. I'm from Melbourne, Australia and chose the Omni in San Francisco on the back of the many great reviews it had received. Tonight will be my 10th night (and unfortunately last) as I head back home tomorrow. I stayed in a Signature Room with king bed (Room 1522). Its on the 15th floor of a 17 floor hotel. I highly recommend the signature room as its on the top 3 floors and very quiet. The cable cars out the front on California St, although great to look at, can be noisy and you dont get the noise on the 15th floor. The King Bed is unbelievably comfortable, the room is spacious and you have a 42" panasonic TV that swivels with full access to cable stations.I also have free WIFI/internet access as I signed up as a Omni member (free of charge) upon registration. I've eaten in the downstairs Bob's Steak and Chops and also had room service. The food portions are big (including entrees) and the food is delicious. I like my privacy and whenever I put the privacy notice on the door I am not disturbed for anything....this I love! Whenever I've returned to the hotel room after various hours doing the tourist thing ..the room has always been cleaned immaculately. The service is outstanding with people greeting you by your name. The location is great and only a few blocks from Union Sq (if you like shopping) and Chinatown. This hotel has just hit my top 2 hotels EVER (alongside Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas).

Room Tip: Signature Room with King Bed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Once again trip advisor steered me in the perfect direction. From the second we parked to the moment we layed in our bed this has to be a five star resort isn't it? Only thing makeing me Beleive other wise is the comparatively inexpensive room. We're in town visiting my sister and apperently my mum stayed here with a girlfriend last week and loved it. But how did I hear about this place TRIPADVISOR

• Stayed February 2013
Camberley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Omni from 31st January to 4th February 2013.
I booked the Omni based on reviews and also beause I could book two of the nights via American Airlines using my miles.
I emailed the hotel a couple of times before my stay and they replied almost immediately giving me the answers I needed.
The hotel was easy to find and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the hotel and the staff were absolutely faultless.
The rooms are large and clean and the bed is one of the most comfortable we have ever stayed in. The staff were fantastic and the food from room service was prompt, exact to the order and delicious.
If you are looking for a hotel outside of Fishermans Wharf, then look no further.
Perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a signature room on top three floors. Great size, very clean and with great views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is excellent. Very clean and comfy. The room is stocked with snacks and drinks - but most of all bath robes! We stayed there the first weekend in February 2013. It is located in the financial district. Centrally located to many other neighborhoods and sites. The cable car route stops right out their front door. We had the most delicious steak that we ever had in our lives at Bob's Steakhouse. It is located in the hotel lobby. We ordered breakfast for room service and it couldn't have been better. You can not go wrong with this hotel! We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We're a repeater of Omni Houston and thought why not we try their sister property at SF...

Reviews were great and definitely not misleading.
From the moment we arrive until we check out we had a lovely time.

The room were pleasant and amenities were likewise thoughtful.
Location definitely can't be better..!!

Oh, and please do try Bob's..
If you didn't have the chance to try it out for dinner, you should definitely pop by for their cheese cake and hot chocolate for dessert-one of the things you should not miss at SF..!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laytonville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a charming stay here at the Omni in SF. Very comfortable and clean, with an old-fashioned feel to it, and impressively staffed by genuinely nice people. Everyone, from the front door to the wait staff, has a friendly professionalism that is the sign of excellent management. It's just a couple of blocks up the street to Chinatown, and a few blocks down to the Embarcadero, so the location is perfect if you like to walk around exploring interesting neighborhoods. A happy detail: in-room robes that are voluminous enough for middle-aged middles! Rooms overlooking the courtyard are blessedly quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the city can be loud.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!