“Had a great stay with amazing view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of da Vinci Villa

You added da Vinci Villa to your Saves list
da Vinci Villa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2550 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94109 (Russian Hill)   |
Ranked #50 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Peoria, Illinois
“Had a great stay with amazing view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm not sure why this hotel doesn't get better reviews. My girlfriend and I stayed for two days and had a great experience. The staff was friendly, the location was great, room was clean and updated. We stayed in room 404, which I highly recommend. There was a private FULL balcony off the room that provided a complete & unobstructed view of the Golden Gate Bridge. What an amazing view it is!! I'm not sure sure why so many people complain about Da Vinci Villa on here, I would recommend it to everyone I know. As far as the room & bathroom size, a bit small...but get over it, it's San Francisco. As far as people complaining about additional daily parking expense ($25/day), it's like that at 99% of the hotels in San Francisco...get over it. Like others have stated on the reviews of hearing the neighbors in adjacent rooms, maybe we were lucky but we didn't hear anything. You won't go wrong in room 404 at Da Vinci Villa.

Room Tip: Room 404, the view from the balcony is amazing!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Lehi, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had an unexpected night stay in SF on business because my coworker and I missed a flight. In order to save company costs, we opted to book this hotel through Priceline. I read the reviews on tripadvisor before arriving at the hotel and knew what to expect. I have to say that I wasn't as displeased as some of the others that have reviews up here. They were clean, friendly, and cheap. Certainly I would spend a lot more money if I wanted to stay somewhere nicer. The elevator was in fact the slowest elevator I've ever encountered, but the service was good. The men behind the check-in desk were nice and suggested places to eat within walking distance. They also made arrangements for us to have a cab in the AM at 4. The cab was on time.

I'd say this experience was a good one overall for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was staying there from 14th - 16th Feb 2013 after visiting friends in Los Angeles. at check-in i was told that our room was upgrated but what a disappintment! First night was in room 425 facing the pool - was bloody noisy and the blind was just not good enough for privacy! Bathroom was ok but shower was broken. Some electric noise came out from my headboard so couldnt sleep the whole night as was so noisy. Luckily staff helped with changing room to 325 which was MUCH better!! I saw the normal rooms were actually much nicer that those so-called Suites!
Second day breakfast sort of ruined our day - they had to charge 3 dollors if you had coffee AND juice at the same time as guests could only choose ONE drink at a time and the charges werent printed on the breakfast cards. It was just mean to guests, how expensive is a cup of coffee / glass of juice?
The only things I like were the location as its walking distance to the fisherman wharf and the nice older american gentleman who was on duty at the check in counter in the evening. He was very sweet and kind to help us out with parking and suggestions on what to see.
Sorry but I will not go back there again.

Room Tip: Go for the normal room, not suites!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at the da Vinci Hotel for a family trip. I got more than what I expected. The room was spacious, the staff were courteous-front desk, servers, housekeepers and even the day time security officer. The hotel was clean. They have a business center available for guests to use if you need to print something. They have a lounge where guests can hang out while you wait. The pool was heated. Although it looked so inviting, I did not have the courage to go swimming because it was a bit cold. Their gym is spacious. Overall, for the price we paid, we definitely got more than what we paid for. Thank you da Vinci Villa Management! You did a great job!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Great stopover/or weekend

About a 20 minute walk from the Alcatraz Ferry (well worth doing) and parallel to a lovely street full of great restaurants.

The staff were really pleasant and welcoming.

Room - Really good size for the price. Clean and great toiletries. Not much light (though it was December and we didn't really see the day time).

The hotel was really confusing to navigate around. Took us about 10 minutes to find reception from our room. Really slow lift and staircases out of order.

Had to pay for car parking, though you do most places.

Breakfast was fantastic. Continental/bakery style.

Wifi worked in the room.

Slightly strange mix between motel and really nice hotel.

Would definetley stay again - a really good find.

• Stayed December 2012
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed at the da Vinci Hotel in January. At first we were reluctant because of the mix reviews that we read about the hotel. But when we got there, we were greeted by a pleasant gentleman at the front desk, I think his name is Luis. We were early for our check in but Luis helped us out and even gave us a nice room facing the golden gate bridge. Breakfast was ok but for something free, I have no complaints at all. The rooms were clean. All the front desk staff and restaurant we encountered were pleasant and very helpful. Will definitely recommend this place. Thank you.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the golden gate bridge
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Shasta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The da Vinci Villa is for when you need an inexpensive place to stay in San Francisco near the wharf. It is within walking distance of Fort Mason, Ghirardelli Square, and Fisherman’s Wharf. The rooms are adequate. There is a common room that is nice and the pool is clean and well kept. There is a parking garage on site for an extra fee, but a car was broken into on our first night so don’t have a false sense of security about parking off of the street. Be sure to remove everything from your car as you would otherwise in the city. The restaurant is serviceable in terms of morning coffee and pastries. Don’t expect anything above continental style and you won’t be disappointed. It is overall very good for the price and location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to da Vinci Villa? Share your experiences!