“Worth going for early breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweet Maple

Sweet Maple
2101 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94115-3119 (Pacific Heights)
415-655-9169
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 5,007 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
Description: At Sweet Maple, we keep it real and simple. We focus on great food and friendly service. We have a relaxing and spacious atmosphere filled with aromas of fresh ground coffee.Come and enjoy the food, enjoy the drinks. Find out why Sweet Maple is rapidly becoming one of the best brunch places in San Francisco.We're open every day for breakfast and lunch!
“Worth going for early breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to try a breakfast place off Union Square. Found great reviews of this place on the internet so we dexised to try. We went when it opened this morning to beat the long lines. Cab ride from Union Square was 9 bucks. We sat by the window and ordered the Marnier, Graden Scramble, Millionaire's Bacon on the side and coffee. Orange juice was included with the scramble. Everything was fantastic. I rated atmosphere only a 4 because some people dont like noise. We got there at 8 before the hustle and bustle so I don't know what it is like during that time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Steven C, Guest Relations Manager at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Atomicdive,

Thank you for coming from Union Square to visit us and thank you for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your breakfast and hope you return soon.

Chicago, Illinois
“Old tasting food, not for the healthy eater”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our food tasted like it had been sitting out for hours. The millionaire bacon was highly recommended, but I found it disgusting. It tasted like fat dipped in brown sugar. The salsa was clearly prepared days before, and the potatoes seemed like they were cooked earlier, and were deep fried! We were not very happy with the food, and to make matters worse our bill was $50 dollars.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Steven C, Owner at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I'm extremely sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing meal with us. I can absolutely assure you that the food here is prepared fresh to order. We'd never serve food that had been sitting out. I certainly understand that the Millionaire's Bacon isn't for everyone, I'm disappointed to hear that you found it disgusting. Though some of our items are fried, we also offer plenty of healthier options on our menu, some are even vegetarian friendly. Did you bring any of these concerns to the attention of your server? Surely we'd have done all we could to make sure that you didn't leave so disappointed. I truly apologize that you left us so unhappy with your meal, and I hope you'll give us the chance to change your perception of us.

Oxford
“great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent breakfast here on a Saturday. We were two and didn't have to wait at all. I had bulgogi scramble and the Mrs had fried eggs and bacon. All excellent as was the French toast on the side. A little expensive but good value for money

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steven C, Owner at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for stopping in for a delicious breakfast when you were in town! I'm happy to hear that you and your wife loved your meals, and that you felt the dishes were a good value. I hope we'll see you back any time you visit the city, for a guaranteed good start to your day. Thanks for the excellent review!

Richmond, CA
“Stupendous French Toast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to Sweet Maple on a Saturday afternoon to have brunch. There were tons of people, but I was a party of 1 so I only waited for about 10 minutes. I ordered coffee, scrambled eggs and the Bermuda French toast. Delicious!!! The fried banana and walnuts really made the french toast amazing. My server was attentive. Parking can be challenging, but not impossible. The place gets really crowded, so plan ahead.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shonda,

I take it as quite a compliment that you left a review here and on Yelp! Thanks for taking the time to spread the word about how much you enjoyed your visit with us. We'll make sure you receive that kind of experience every time you visit. Thanks again!

San Francisco, California
“lots of yumminess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were a party of four including a 94 year old and a 10 year old and everyone loved it. The menu had something for each of us and many things you might not see elsewhere like the candied bacon (which we didn't try). My 10 year old had a large mouse-shaped pancake, bacon (not candied) and an egg, and she uncharacteristically ate every bite. I had a scramble loaded with lots of yumminess like avocado and cheeses. It was delicious and also gigantic. I took the second half of it as takeout and wound up giving it to a delighted homeless guy. So it goes in our City. But back to the restaurant. It was lovely inside and quite popular. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a table but there were benches for those in our party who needed to sit. But shortly after we were seated the crowds arrived and I suspect the wait grew to 45 minutes. I seems to be a neighborhood hit as well as drawing folks like us from several blocks away. The only downside was that it was very loud. That's tough when you're 94.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steven C, Owner at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We pride ourselves on being able to provide a meal anyone will love, no matter what age or preference, and I'm happy to see proof of that in your review! Thanks for bringing your party of four to see us. It sounds like you all made some pretty great choices and beat the rush, too. I do apologize if it got a bit noisy, though. I hope that won't keep you from coming back to see us. I appreciate the great review and we look forward to serving you all again soon!