“great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweet Maple

Sweet Maple
2101 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94115-3119 (Pacific Heights)
415-655-9169
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 5,014 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
Description: At Sweet Maple, we keep it real and simple. We focus on great food and friendly service. We have a relaxing and spacious atmosphere filled with aromas of fresh ground coffee.Come and enjoy the food, enjoy the drinks. Find out why Sweet Maple is rapidly becoming one of the best brunch places in San Francisco.We're open every day for breakfast and lunch!
Oxford
“great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent breakfast here on a Saturday. We were two and didn't have to wait at all. I had bulgogi scramble and the Mrs had fried eggs and bacon. All excellent as was the French toast on the side. A little expensive but good value for money

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steven C, Owner at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for stopping in for a delicious breakfast when you were in town! I'm happy to hear that you and your wife loved your meals, and that you felt the dishes were a good value. I hope we'll see you back any time you visit the city, for a guaranteed good start to your day. Thanks for the excellent review!

Richmond, CA
“Stupendous French Toast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to Sweet Maple on a Saturday afternoon to have brunch. There were tons of people, but I was a party of 1 so I only waited for about 10 minutes. I ordered coffee, scrambled eggs and the Bermuda French toast. Delicious!!! The fried banana and walnuts really made the french toast amazing. My server was attentive. Parking can be challenging, but not impossible. The place gets really crowded, so plan ahead.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shonda,

I take it as quite a compliment that you left a review here and on Yelp! Thanks for taking the time to spread the word about how much you enjoyed your visit with us. We'll make sure you receive that kind of experience every time you visit. Thanks again!

San Francisco, California
“lots of yumminess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were a party of four including a 94 year old and a 10 year old and everyone loved it. The menu had something for each of us and many things you might not see elsewhere like the candied bacon (which we didn't try). My 10 year old had a large mouse-shaped pancake, bacon (not candied) and an egg, and she uncharacteristically ate every bite. I had a scramble loaded with lots of yumminess like avocado and cheeses. It was delicious and also gigantic. I took the second half of it as takeout and wound up giving it to a delighted homeless guy. So it goes in our City. But back to the restaurant. It was lovely inside and quite popular. We had to wait about 10 minutes for a table but there were benches for those in our party who needed to sit. But shortly after we were seated the crowds arrived and I suspect the wait grew to 45 minutes. I seems to be a neighborhood hit as well as drawing folks like us from several blocks away. The only downside was that it was very loud. That's tough when you're 94.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steven C, Owner at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We pride ourselves on being able to provide a meal anyone will love, no matter what age or preference, and I'm happy to see proof of that in your review! Thanks for bringing your party of four to see us. It sounds like you all made some pretty great choices and beat the rush, too. I do apologize if it got a bit noisy, though. I hope that won't keep you from coming back to see us. I appreciate the great review and we look forward to serving you all again soon!

London
“Great breakfast place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Candied bacon, better than avg home fries, generous portions. Delicious omelettes.
pancakes are gigantic.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Steven C, Owner at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks so much for the point-by-point review! I'm glad you've enjoyed everything that we're doing so far, and you can bet we're going to make sure we keep it up. I'm glad you stopped by while visiting, and I hope we'll have the opportunity to see you again. Happy travels!

Take care,

Saratoga, California
“Oh, sweet bacon...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We happened upon this place when staying nearby for a weekend in SF and I'm SO glad we did! It was about noon and there was a ton of people waiting but I figured we had to try it if so many people were willing to wait - and it was worth the wait.

I'd never heard of Millionaire's Bacon but my husband had...just imagine heavenly bacon 'candy' and you're close. The ingredients are all fresh so the eggs were better than most, the ciabatta toast very tasty and the french toast - wow. The breakfast potatoes are a heavenly mix of different potatoes including sweet and purple, cooked and salted to perfection. We sat at the bar (comfortable chairs and not too crowded together, so a decent option) and the service was friendly, fast and efficient. Drip coffee was good.

Free coffee while you're waiting, but keep an eye on the list and stay close as your name moves up the list - they're not wandering afar and yelling names.

Just for the bacon and the french toast I'd actually drive to the City for brunch!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steven C, Owner at Sweet Maple, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for stumbling upon us while you were visiting the city. I'm glad that seeing such a crowd encouraged you to check us out, and that you were happy you did! Our Millionaire's Bacon has gained quite a following, and has even been featured on the Discovery Channel's United States of Food. I hope you guys will keep us in mind next time you visit the city, and I appreciate the great feedback!

All the best,