I have hesitated to write this as the secret will get out about The Orchard, but I realize that it is far different than when it opened 13 years ago and one got wine and cheese upon arriving and a free European style breakfast with each room, but since most people have discovered The Orchard by now, I will tell you that this is my "go to place" in The City (please NO Frisco stuff) when I come over from Sacramento. I have probably stayed here 35 times over the years and it is always rock solid for various reasons:
1. The service is always great and the same smiling doorman has been there since I arrived 13 years ago giving impeccable service.
2. The rates are lower at off times which is a bonus when coming over for a few days.
3. The rooms are always quiet and you must realize about SF, that all those old boutique hotels cannot claim that as they never upgrade the windows and it is noisy around Union Square.
4. The always honor my room requests and the chocolate upon arrival is a nice treat.
5. The stay and park offer is the best deal.
6. You will be above the fray of Union Square but right next to it to have some fun. The walk up the hill will do you good and if you must ride the Cable Cars, the stop is at the corner and it beats waiting at Market Street.
7. The doormen will always chase me down a cab amazingly fast.
8. The beds are so comfy and the bathroom is well stocked and just what is needed after a long day..the rooms are also spotless.
8. They are environmentally friendly
9. The front desk staff is always courteous and you have a PC and newspapers if you need it.
10. If you love to dance it is close enough to head up the Top of the Mark by foot for a view and twirling your mate around to some good sounds.
So, I have stayed all over town for business and pleasure and you cannot beat the Orchard....take it from a quasi-local!
Some tips...If you do not get the parking rate, just park your car in the Sutter-Stockton Garage 100 paces down Bush and save a few bucks. For breakfast or lunch head down to Cafe De La Presse and you won't be disappointed and if you must eat Chinese the real Chinese cooking is in the Richmond NOT in Chinatown down the block!
Enjoy...and since it was my GF's first visit to the Orchard, thank you for a nice weekend, she loved it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Orchard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchard San Francisco
- Orchard Hotel San Francisco