My wife and I spent eight nights here in April, 2007 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is very conveniently located for the many attractions of Fisherman's Wharf and only a five minute walk to the cable car terminus. The cable car (which is a San Fran "must") takes you right into the heart of the shopping area centred on Union Square. Indeed the cab fare to the Square was only $8 so for four people (we were joined by our daughter and son-in-law on day 3) this is the better deal.
The hotel is all that you could wish for - spacious room, queen-size bed, cable TV, ironing board/iron, complimentary tea/coffee etc. Add to that the inclusive continental breakfast and you have a bargain. The hotel's warm cinnamon buns are to die for!
Built-in ramps for those with wheelchairs etc figure in the lobbies on each upper floor and I cannot honestly think of any negatives. We would certainly stay here again if visiting San Fran once more.
Do visit Alcatraz (but book in advance), Ghiradelli Square and Pier 39. We also enjoyed the open-top double decker bus tours and our tour in a World War II DUKW.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.