“Comfortable with a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #66 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
“Comfortable with a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were a little wary because the quality of Holiday Inn Express hotels can really vary. But all of us (a family of 4, including 2 children) found it very comfortable - firm mattresses and pillows made a huge difference, the concierge helped us obtain tickets to the Exploratorium at a discounted price and had very good suggestions on walking routes, and location of the hotel is excellent. The (free!) breakfast was quite decent. The only negative comment I have is that $45/night for valet parking adds a lot to the bill. But overall we were all happy with the stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Marilyn T,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf! We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. Our staff is delighted that your stay was quite comfortable and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well. We look forward to your next stay with us and Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Thai first
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Most of my Holiday Inn Express experiences have been good to excellent (relative to what I can expect for this class of accommodation and the amount paid), but the Holiday Inn Express at Fisherman's Wharf where I stayed Dec 5-9 was somewhat disappointing. I know San Francisco is expensive, but at $255/night plus taxes (conference rate!) (and no car), this was the cheapest I could find for the meeting I was attending at the convention center -- and it was nowhere close to the convention center at that. And at $255/night (certainly the most expensive HI Express I've ever stayed at), I was expecting better. I wasn't too put off by the bit of hair on the bathroom floor when I first walked into the room, but when you've put in a 16 hour day of travel and business on your first day in the city and then at 2am you turn on the water in the tub to get ready to take a shower and you see brown water pouring out, well, that's a problem. Fortunately, after running the water about 4-5 minutes, it cleared up and I dared to take a shower and did not wind up dissolving into a puddle of goo, nor did any toxic reaction become apparent at any later point in my stay. And when I notified the front desk staff the next morning while on my way out the door to the conference, they did apologize and offered to move me to another room, but I didn't have time to bother with that and I simply accepted their offer to have maintenance look at it. Late that night I tried the bath again, and though the water this time was less dirty at first than I had seen the first night and cleared up sooner, the persistence of the problem did not give me much comfort. I did mention the problem again the next morning to the front desk staff, and again there was an apology -- along with an observation that maintenance had found no problem and nobody else seemed to be having the problem, which I guess was a polite way of saying I was either imagining it or it was somehow my fault.

In the end, I paid my $1200+ for four nights in a room that produced brown water at the bath tap (but not, as best as I could tell, the sink tap) each night, and I found it odd that no compensation was offered by any of the several staff to whom I reported the problem each day. True, I could have chosen to miss a part of my conference on any given day so that I could work with the staff to move to another room, but the conference was important (I did schlep half-way across the country, after all, to attend it) and I didn't want to miss any part of it, and I would have thought that at least somebody on the staff would have recognized that offering at least a modicum of compensation (either a few bucks off the bill or some additional points on the frequent stay account) would have assuaged at least some of my obvious dissatisfaction, but I guess those expectations were too high.

To be fair, all of the staff were quite courteous, and the hotel otherwise appeared clean, and the rest of the room's facilities were fine, and the maid service was fine, and the breakfast was pretty much the same reasonable breakfast you get at any HI Express, and the bill was accurate. The complaint is simply that none of the front desk staff seemed to have that extra little bit of "awareness" or interest in customer satisfaction that I would have liked to have seen -- would have expected to have seen -- for $255 a night. I probably would have given the place a 3-green-bullet rating if the rate were under $150 a night in this expensive city, because my expectations would be set lower at a place with a lower rate, but at $255 a night my expectations are higher, and I can only give this place a 2-green-bullet rating and recommend travelers consider other options when visiting San Francisco.

Room Tip: I have a vague recollection that my room number coincidentally was the same as the price I paid, 255...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
stephen l, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear afrinl

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman Wharf San Francisco and thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. We do want to apologize for the inconvenience with what happen while you were staying with us and we will have our chief engineering check on the room which you stayed in to find out what happened. Also we will check with our front line staff as well as we expect all our guests to not to worry about any issue while they were staying with us. Please reach to our Manager On Duty and we can give future discount or upgrade for you when you come to San Francisco again.

Holiday Inn Fisherman Wharf San Francisco Management team
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had stayed here on a visit several years ago and been impressed by the hotel's location and service of the staff. So this time on a family vacation, we decided it was best to go with the familiar, especially with kids in tow. We arrived on a quiet but rather wet weekend evening and were quickly and efficiently checked in. Inga at the front desk was nice enough to give us an upgrade to a junior suite and we were glad for the extra space. The room was a corner one and had a good view of Fishermans Wharf, Alcatraz Island, and on a particularly clear morning, Angel Island, Tiburon and Sausalito. Our double beds were comfortable but perhaps a little lumpier than during my last visit. The sofa was a nice touch and my older son preferred to sleep there rather than on the bed. There were no major problems with cleanliness but we did detect an intermittent whiff of perhaps stale coffee in some corners of the room. And there was water detected next to our window sill - not sure if it was a slight leak or due to condensation but housekeeping seemed to get it under control with a spare towel. The bathroom was a little small for a suite but we had adequate towels and bathroom amenities. Wifi connection was strong and fast, so great job there.

Breakfast was a normal HIE affair with standard range of juices, cereal, dairy products, hot beverages and fruit. To be honest, coming from Asia, it's not really we have for breakfast but the family enjoyed it just the same. And being on touristy Fishermans Wharf, getting to the various nearby attractions and finding food was easy although the recent heavy rains and fairly strong winds did put a bit of a damper on things on some mornings. So overall, yeah, a terrific stay and we'll be back again next time.

Room Tip: Wifi is free for IHG Rewards members, so it's best to sign up before making a reservation.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Taylor H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ianwyj,

On Behalf of the staff here at The Holiday Inn Express we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We are glad that you chose to come back to Fishermans Wharf and stay with us in particular! Thank you for the kind comments regarding our fabulous staff! We hope next time you stay with us the weather is better!!! Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for a couple of days here from Nov 25 to Nov 27. I was first given a room whilst the cleaning lady was still cleaning the room! Went back to the receptionist and was given another room. Room is very cosy, spacious and the beds are very comfortable.
Hotel is just a 5 mins walk to fisherman's wharf. Very convenient plus a lot of places to choose from to eat. The hotel also provide breakfast. Would stay here again next time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear EtonDragon,

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are glad that you enjoyed it we hope to see you again soon! Happy Holidays!
Blue Mounds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this strictly for the location. The rooms were clean and adequate. Workout room was nice. Breakfast was great with 3 kids and had plenty to choose from. The location was perfect and we walked almost everywhere except Muir Woods. Make sure to check in with the Tour Desk when you arrive - they were very helpful and gave you a great map to guide you. You could buy tickets there as well and they were gaining by selling to you but really trying to help you have a great stay. The beds were a little hard and the staff (except the tour director) were not very friendly though. I got the impression that's San Francisco though as we encountered that almost everywhere. Great city but everyone could smile more and that would make it perfect. They also need to upgrade their wifi - very slow at times expecially when we were all on it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
nblanche, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear mysharona1970,

Thank you for your recent stay here with us. Your feedback is very important to us, so we could use this information to better our services. Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was at the hotel for one night on a business trip and paid $299 which includes breakfast and standard WiFi. The first trick is to book and get to the right Holiday Inn. The two properties are almost side by side. Express/suites (this one) has recently remodelled rooms which are excellent and includes breakfast. Main likes: location, comfortable bed, well-appointed rooms, small fitness centre. Dislikes: very slow front desk/not enough staff at peak check-in/out, slow Internet, crazy pool arrangement. I like to do laps and it took a huge effort to make it happen (I was exhausted before I began). The pool is in the 'other' Holiday Inn and did not accept my room key so it took 3 trips to the very slow front desk to get 2 different keys, no change rooms, small towels, etc. Best tasty quick meal nearby: Carmel wood-fire pizza (Jones St.). Best excuse to go to Chinatown: R&D Lounge (Kearny St.). We were a bit rushed, but the service downstairs was fast and efficient. Wish we had more time for the steamed sea bass but went with quicker rock cod with ginger and onions. Delicious! The place is chaotic but that’s part of the experience.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gary L,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the location! and if you have any questions or concerns please contact the hotel where a manager can assist you. Thank you!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 2 nights end of November. From the moment we walked in it was positive. The staff member who checked us in was really friendly and helped us with luggage storage for the day. The hotel is also in the best location, walking distance to many places.

The room was modern, clean and had a huge TV, also comfortable beds. The WiFi is crazy fast, best hotel WiFi I've ever seen. The view from the room wasn't too great but can't have it all I suppose.

Breakfast downstairs was great, everything was hot and tasted nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again if I come back to San Francisco.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jesse L,

Thank you for the 5 star review! also Thank You for the kind comments regarding our fabulous staff members! They work hard to make sure each and everyone of our guests are taken care of.We are glad you enjoyed San Francisco, our hotel and all of our wonderful amenities! We look forward to your next stay with us. Happy Holidays!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

Address: 550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
Location: United States > California > San Francisco > North Beach
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
#58 Family Hotel in San Francisco
#65 Romantic Hotel in San Francisco
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf 3*
Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco
San Francisco Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.