I’m glad I chose this property for my 24-hour visit to the Fisherman's Wharf area. Everything I wanted to see was an easy walk or short bus/taxi ride away. The hotel is right across from a Hyatt, one block from the Marriott, and is adjacent to a regular Holiday Inn but Holiday Express is more budget friendly. The lobby/reception area is modern and the large breakfast area has plenty of seating. A few smaller tour groups seemed to be staying there, but most guests appeared to be independent travelers. Walgreens, CVS and Safeway stores are conveniently nearby. For a delicious dinner, walk across the street and visit the Hyatt’s “Brick & Beam” restaurant. And for casual affordable meals throughout the day Denny’s restaurant is just around the corner from the hotel entrance.
Computers for guest use are near the lobby, handy for airline boarding passes and paying the FastTrak toll for crossing the Golden Gate Bridge southbound (you need to do this within 48 hours of the automated machines reading your license plate). The computers are in the lounge/breakfast area, so watch your surroundings while doing credit card transactions.
My room was clean, contemporary and quiet. The king bed was pleasantly comfortable and the feather pillows were good: 2 labeled soft and 2 labeled firm. This standard room had plenty of space for two people. The work desk, side chair and table and TV console were good for organizing travel items. Room windows in my section of the hotel had no views except looking down to the lobby roof. I didn't expect a view since I paid the lowest rate for a room. The work desk has outlets for charging electronics. The bathroom was clean with modern basics. There is a safe in the closet along with enough clothes hangers for a short stay.
Reception was prompt and was able to accommodate my early arrival. I valet parked my rental car with the hotel. The charge is $45 per night (plus $6 tax) and I noticed at other area hotels that this rate is within the apparent range of $40-$50.
Overall this hotel was a nice surprise. It was economical by Fisherman's Wharf standards and provides a convenient base for visiting the North Beach/Wharf/Golden Gate Bridge area. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf