Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #68 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location. Walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf. Easy access to public transportation. Makes it easy to get around.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We were upgrade to suites. Our rooms were spacious, comfortable and quiet. No notice of street noise or noisy neighbors.
Breakfast was free and one of the best we encountered on our two week road trip. There were a variety of offerings and everything was good. It was crowded though, hard to find a place to sit.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay near Fisherman's Wharf.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here a couple of nights during Fleet Week. Again, this hotel is not to be confused with the nearby Holiday Inn which is a different hotel located about a block to the west. This hotel is easy walking distance from Fisherman's Wharf and it's attractions. It is also just a couple of blocks from the terminus of the Powell-Mason cable car line that can be taken downtown. We had a king bed room that was quiet with plenty of space and a comfortable bed. The room also has a good-sized safe in the closet. The complimentary breakfast was good with eggs & sausage along with cereals and the Holiday Inn Express signature cinnamon rolls. There is a large breakfast area, but the large size was necessary since it was crowded whenever we were there. Only complaint was the rather slow elevator; we were on the fourth floor (the top floor), which may have made this worse. I didn't rate as "Excellent" mainly because of the cost, which wasn't out-of-line for San Francisco, but was still ridiculously high for what I am used to.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

First i want to clarify for people looking at the hotel. THERE IS A PROPERTY BY THE NAME OF HOLIDAY INN ACROSS THE STREET! The reason I want to bring this up first is because it is the most visible when you are in the area make sure you are going to the right hotel and avoid any headaches. It is not the same as this is the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS .

We drove to this location and traffic is a huge headache in this area but its expected being so close to Fisherman's Wharf. Make sure that you are getting here with time especially if you are driving. The location does not offer self park so be aware that you HAVE TO pull up to the hotel and valet the car if you want your car safe there. Be aware that they do have a per night fee to keep your car at the hotel. At first I was outraged I had to pay for overnight parking but it seems to be standard in the area. Some places charge even more to keep your car parked there overnight.

With the small negatives out of the way i have to say this place is amazing. Very clean and very friendly staff. We booked the suite and when we arrived everything was very clean no complaints at all. The location is very close to main attractions on Fishersman's wharf. You can easily walk to the pier or pay a trolley to take you to you Union Square area. This location also has a Denny's and you can find a Walgreen's across the street.

The best part of this hotel is the Breakfast Bar. They have an amazing set up for breakfast and very clean. Full Breakfast and More!

Worth the Stay!

Room Tip: The suite has a sofa bed for more sleeping space.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello nandophx,

Thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. I am so glad you found our such a great find in the middle of it all. It is true our location cant be beat. I am so glad you also enjoyed our breakfast as we do work hard to provide a great enviroment with something for all. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf for a conference. The location is nice (as it is close to the Pier and other attractions) but that is the only advantage this Holiday Inn has.
I rated it 2 stars because of noise,
The walls are "paper thin" and this is not an exaggeration. I do not normally have difficulty sleeping but with the road noise from the street, and the loud neighbors it was impossible. I called the front desk but nothing was done about it.
Do be aware that this is a hotel that is mediocre at best. There are many other hotels near by and I would not give this Holiday Inn another chance.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and the road noise was unbearable - perhaps it would be better at a higher...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Hello AMT1232013,

I thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. I am so sorry you did not have the WOW factor we try to provide when staying with us. It is true that the hustle and bustle of the City can be differnt from what one is accoustomed to but that does not excuse the issue you had in your room and for that I apoligize. I do hope you try us again as we do have rooms that are specificly set aside due to the need for quite sleepers. Again thank you for staying and hope to see you again.
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at mini/junior suite and it was superb choice - my room was big and very clean & comfortable. It had a basic kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave, sink, coffee & tea maker), iron & ironing board, large enough security box (it fits 13 in laptop). Wifi is free and is very stable and fast - one of the best I have ever used at any hotel. Breakfast was good, but could be better - mostly sweet stuff, disposable cutlery, juices, bread, pancakes, yoghurts, bananas, apples (I missed vegetables, ham etc.). Location is perfect - lot of restaurants nearby, cable-car & tram stop, few minutes from Pier 39. My overall experience is very good and can recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms from rear street might much quieter than from the main one.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hello knapo,

Thank you so much for staying and for posting your thoughts. I am so glad you had a great stay. I truly think the jr suites are the best banf for your buck when it comes to rate and room size. They truly are a great value. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during our first visit to San Fran in 09/2014. Loved it!
PROS: location close to Fisherman's Wharf and many restaurants, very clean, delicious continental warm breakfast, comfortable beds, modern decor, friendly staff & concierge, free wifi
CONS: none!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Katie R,

Thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. Pro : I am so glad you enjoyed your stay as we do work hard to provide a great hotel that people love and I am glad we did a bit of that for you. Con : non !!! thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Elkridge,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here again for a week during the Oracle World Conference. The hotel continues to be very clean, modern , and the breakfast is good. It is in a great location to do Fisherman's Wharf activities . It is about a two minute walk from the streetcar line. My only complaint is a very small one- the safe in the room is too small for my laptop and it uses a key. I didn't even know they had safes that still used keys. The front desk staff was very nice and always helpful. My room was very quiet and I did not hear any road noise.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Hello Eldridge,MD

Thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. We love our return guests and I am so glad you continue to stay with us. I thank you again and hope to see you soon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

Address: 550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
Location: United States > California > San Francisco > North Beach
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#60 Family Hotel in San Francisco
#64 Romantic Hotel in San Francisco
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf 3*
Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco
San Francisco Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.