“Walking distance to the waterfront” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #74 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Walking distance to the waterfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

You're right across the street from Fisherman's Wharf. Parking garage under complex has plenty of parking. Rooms are clean and quiet. Breakfast in the morning was ok. Fast checkout. No surprises, just the way we like it.

1,542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed for three nights 7-9th Aug '14. First the hotel. The reception staff were efficient and the concierge were very helpful. The buffet breakfast was a bit of a scrum but this was to be expected in a hotel of this size. The rooms are spacious with all the usual amenities and have a safe with a key. The corridors can be a bit noisy, but you are in a city hotel here, so don't waste your time in the hotel, get out an explore.
The location, however, was brilliant. We hired bikes from blazing saddles (although there are plenty of other bike rental companies) and we cycled over the Golden Gate Bridge and then took the ferry back. There are 2 cable car starting points near the hotel. The one at Hyde had queues of over 1 hour but the one behind Ross, next to Starbucks was only 20 mins. Both of these take you right to Union Sq. We were very lucky to secure 4 Alcatraz tickets, as we hadn't pre booked. We were able to do this by booking a package with the Grey Line city tour.
There is a guest Laundry in both of the nearby Holiday Inns that Express guests are able to use, $2 each a wash and dry paid in quarters. Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes definitely. I felt safe in the area and there are so many restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: an end of corridor room would be quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts. Thanks and hope to see you soon
georgetown ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed 5 nights at the HI Express. Found that the location was perfect for us as first time visitors to San Francisco. We walked down to Fisherman's Wharf most days and enjoyed the great restaurants along the wharf. The trolley cars are also within walking distance too as are lots of tour bus companies and the pier where you get the ferry to Alcatraz. The hotel feels newly renovated and extremely clean. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly. The breakfast which is included is your standard HI express fare but the staff (and there were plenty) were always on top of filling things up as they were depleted. There is lots of seating but the the hotel always seemed to be very busy so its hit and miss finding a seat after 8:30 a.m. The free wifi was great and fast and for those who wish to swim you can use the pool at the Holiday Inn 1 block down the street. The only negative is the nightly rate and the $45 per night mandatory valet parking. Unfortunately this seems to be the norm in San Francisco. Overall I was pleased with my choice and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms overlook an empty courtyard, don't expect a view of the ocean. Does make it quiet...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello thank you so much for staying as well as posting your thought. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just be careful as there are two holiday inn in one street, we got drop off in the wrong hotel, very close to fisherman wharf, the room are big and comfortable, a bit noisy with doors n people walk by, full breakfast was a non event, lot of people, bed design to get your food, food quality was not too good. At least this one looks newer than the older one next door

Room Tip: All the rooms don't have much of a view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for posting your thoughts on your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I have stayed at the HIE before and the hotel didn't disappoint this time either.

It has been done up since our last stay about three years ago and the breakfast area, which was previously really small given the size of the hotel, was much larger and provided a lot more seating. The breakfast each morning is great and a definite plus!

Our room was spacious and clean. There is also free (if somewhat slow'ish) wi-fi. The check-in staff were friendly and helpful and provided directions to a neighbouring sister hotel where we could do some much needed washing.

Located about five minutes walk to Fisherman's Wharf, the location is second to none and I'd definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on you recent stay with us as well as taking the time to respond. I am so glad you had a great stay and thank you again for staying
Palm Desert, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So I called this hotel because I have a family member that will be traveling there for 5 days. I spoke to Malia (not sure if that's how you spell her name). I explained my situation and I also told her that I work for IHG. She was rude from the beginning. She did not even ask for my arrival date. After I explained my situation, she was like "here's the thing, I am in the middle of doing our budget and I'm sure you are too. I am sold out next week because there's a convention." So I said, I don't need the weekend, they will check in on Sunday and check out on Friday. She said it's best to book online through friends and family. Bottom line, I've been trading certificates and making reservations all over Socal and Norcal and like I said, I also work for IHG. I have never encountered someone so rude and careless. So the question I'm asking myself now is.. If I was a regular customer, will she act differently and treat me better?

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here with 5 people and had plenty of room. Everything was clean and up to date . Easy walking to attractions. The breakfast was very good with many selections to choose from for an included breakfast. Would stay here again. Excellent staff and accommodations .

• Stayed August 2014
nblanche, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear My2usa2rus,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we appreciate it very much. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay here with us, and we would like to invite you to come and visit us again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

Address: 550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
Location: United States > California > San Francisco > North Beach
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#61 Family Hotel in San Francisco
#63 Romantic Hotel in San Francisco
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf 3*
Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection, high speed Internet access and Sony PlayStations. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco
San Francisco Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.