You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (Fisherman’s Wharf)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #55 of 234 Hotels in San Francisco
London, United Kingdom
“Just great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Can't fault this place apart from the parking price - - over $50 for one night's parking! I strongly recommend parking on the street nearby (2 hour free parking zones but be careful about street cleaning arrangements as signposted), or in one of the other carparks a few blocks away (around $30 a night).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicholas W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Sliminvestor, thank you very much for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to review your stay with us. We understand, parking can be expensive in San Francisco, but we do offer our guests in and out access as well as allowing guests to park up until 6pm on the day of departure that many of the local lots do not provide. We hope that the next time you're in the city that you will come back and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Thai first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here one night while visiting San Fran earlier this month. The interior of the hotel itself was great, I believe it was recently remodeled but rooms were definitely on the smaller side for a HI Express and our room did not have a refrigerator which was a bummer. Free breakfast was the standard but the area where they served breakfast was definitely small for the amount of people it needed to accommodate, so that made things a little nuts. All in all the hotel was perfectly fine and I would definitely stay again based on the location, just would love to see these tiny improvements.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
caseylc, thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Express for your trip to San Francisco. Also, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you found our accommodations clean and up-to-date. We will make sure to share your valuable feedback with the rest of our team in hopes to continually improve our service. Please make sure to come back and visit us the next time you're in San Francisco.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco; May 2 and May 3, 2014. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was very courteous and acknowledged our Platinum Elite Status by offering us a small bag with sweets or two bottles of water. We took the sweets. Unfortunately, we were not able to get an upgrade because none were available. However, our room was fine; it was quiet and spacious with comfortable beds, pillows, flat screen TV; plenty of towels, and coffee pot.

The breakfast had a lot of selections including cinnamon rolls, fruit, juice choices, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, etc. It was an excellent choice.

Because we were going on the 5:30pm Alcatraz cruise tour (sunset tour), the hotel was perfectly located. It was a short historic tram ride to the pier where the tour was debarking.

We used our points to pay for the hotel (35,000 points per night) but we get 10% back.

I recommend the Holiday Inn Express; it is just around the corner from the historic tram, a cable car, and the municipal bus one takes to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Room Tip: To get a quiet room, ask for one away from the street on an upper level in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The location is great, situated 2 minutes walk from Fisherman's Wharf and near to the tram terminus. Rooms are clean and spacious and good value for San Fran. Breakfasts are expensive but good quality, staff are very friendly and all other aspects of our stay we're great. It was rather noisy in the mornings, with leaf blowers or something similar making a hell of a racket each morning. Other than that, a perfect stay and a location we would certainly return to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying as well as posting your thoughts on the stay. We do hope to see you soon at the Holiday Inn.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Arrived a few hours before check in, but they had room for me and I was able to check in straight away. The room was nice, very comfy and huge bed! All tv channels. my room was on the second floor looking out on the road, there was a little bit of car traffic and tram noise-but it really did not bother me at all. The location was amazing to fishermans warf! I did a bus tour and it was such a quick walk to there offices, also a 10 minute walk to the pier where alcatraz tour leaves! I still had a full day left in San Fran and they kept my bags for the day which was very handy! I never had the free breakfast but enjoyed the free wifi! I did book my room only a week in advance so was a bit more expensive but was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hello and thank you so much for staying as well as sharing you thoughts. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay as well as our location. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

First commendation was the efficiency and welcome from the car parking and reception staff. Room was spacious, light , comfortable, clean and peaceful.Situated in an ideal place to explore the city and also within walking distance to shops and the Wharf. Also close to trams to take me out and about.

The weather when we were there was extremely hot but this didn't stop us from exploring the city. Nice to wander the streets near the Wharf. The Ferry Building was a great area full of food stores, just a shame I couldn't take anything back to England with me. Found some really great restaurants.

One tiny thing against the hotel was the fact that a huge tour bus party were also staying, this meant that the dining area was so noisy and busy. However, a few doors down from the hotel was a great cafe, serving delicious food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you so much for staying as well as posting your thoughts. So glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you soon.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights for work related training. Room was spotless, bed was so comfortable, I wished I could have just lounged all day! Breakfast was okay, lots of options available and everything was well stocked and clean despite ALOT of guests lining up at 630a to get a start. Front desk were excellent and concierge was esp helpful; there was a Muni bus strike going on and the concierge offered to leave me a list of cab company phone numbers for me to use while there. The list was waiting for me at the front the desk next morning and I fully used Yellow Cab the entire time I was there. (Yellow Cab was excellent too, spotless cabs and drivers, all totally professional). About the only negative I have to say was the Valet was less than friendly when I checked in and when I checked out. He acted like he'd rather be elsewhere and wasn't very friendly or helpful in comparison to all the rest of the staff. I thot maybe he just had a bad day when I arrived my first day, but the attitude still persisted 4 days later. This is the only reason I didn't give a full 5 stars. Otherwise, Ive stayed here before (next door at the other Holi Inn) and I love the location and have always recommended this location to everyone we send out to San Francisco over the years. I will recommend this Express Hotel location too, I just wish I had been able to secure a room with a bit of a view for my stay...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello, Thank you so much for staying and I am so glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you soon and thanks again !.