“Great Location at Fisherman's Wharf” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 (North Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #66 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Sudbury, Ontario
“Great Location at Fisherman's Wharf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We just got back from spending 8 days in San Francisco at the Holiday Inn Express near the famous Fisherman's Wharf. I have to say that all my experiences with the hotel were positive. The room was clean and quiet. On the second night we asked for a 'room with a view', as most rooms face inner court yards. We were promptly accommodated with a 3rd floor room facing Beach St. Although a bit noisier because of traffic it was exactly what I asked for. The temperature cooled on the third day and I noticed the heater/AC unit wasn't functioning in the room. It was repaired while we were out exploring the city and worked flawlessly the rest of our stay. The hotel does provide a free breakfast, and that saved us time and money scrounging for an early morning restaurant. However, a little more variety in the meat and egg choices would have been nice. The front desk staff and concierge service were friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable for all of our queries and requests. Cleaning and maintenance staff always smiled and greeted us in a friendly manner. I did not have a car but did hear other guests grumbling about the cost of parking. But an quick internet check will reveal that this hotel is inline with others in the area. We preferred to walk about and also took advantage of the 7 day visitor pass for the 'Muni' (unlimited cable car, street car and bus). A great bargain for only $29 for a week. This hotel is within walking distance of the famous Pier 39 at Fisherman's wharf and other similar attractions.We tried a different restaurant every day and were not disappointed with any of them.

In short, we had a fantastic vacation and this hotel definitely contributed to smiles on our faces and the pleasant memories we'll retain.

Room Tip: Inner court rooms are quietest but those facing north toward the harbour offer a view, but with a bi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hello and thank you so much for staying as well as posting your thoughts. We do hope to see you again and until then safe travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Thai first
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel was clean and staff were pleasent enough. The best thing about this hotel was the location, right next to all the main attractions....couldnt do better for location.
Booked this hotel for ease because of the free breakfast however we went out for brekky each morning because it was very poor. Nothing fresh, did have a pancake machine etc but paper plates and plastic cutlery is not my cup of tea whilsy on holiday. I would suggest a different hotel nearby without free brekky might be cheaper. We went to loris 50s dina nearby for breakfast instead which was lovely. Overall no problems at hotel and room was largeish and clean but dont book for the free breakfast as its not worth it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts on the recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the service of the front of house staff as well as our housekeeping and facilities. I am sorry you did not like our Express breakfast concept. I do understand that it may be a bit of grab and go and as you said just not your cup of tea. I do thank you though for the kind words and hope to see you perhaps at our full service band hotel the Holiday Inn. Until then safe travels and warm regards.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express based on price, reviews and most likely location. The hotel is centrally located near the Fishermans Wharf and all its famous dinning and shopping attractions. The Cable car is ideally located next to the hotel as well as a bus stop near by. The hotel has free Wifi and a free breakfast.The rooms are very spacious and the beds are large and very comfortable. There is no fridge or microwave in the rooms. I also did not have a view at all from room 230 but did not feel bad about it. Definitely a great option while in San Francisco.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hello Steve R,

Thank you so much for your kind words as well as staying with us during your stay. It really is great that we are not only at Fishermans Wharf but also next to North Beach and Chinatown. I am also glad that you enjoyed our brand new up to date Wi-Fi we know how important it is to update your status lol. Well thanks again and hope to see you soon
Guernsey, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel was ideal location for every thing we wanted.Staff was so helpful never had such a quick check in ever.Our room was a good size and very clean as was the bathroom.We had coffee maker and also very nice toiletries.Our cleaner was one of the nicest and kindest people you could meet every morning greeted with a smile and always checking if there was any thing we needed.I Wish i had noticed her name as she was an asset to the hotel.All the staff we came across was so kind and helpful.Thank you for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor room a bit noisey but we didn't mind because every thing else was so good.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words as well as staying with us. We do hope to see you soon and thanks again.
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We travelled to San Francisco last week for Spring Break. We stayed for three nights at this hotel. The first night we had a mini-suite which was very small for our family of five. I added the mini-suite at a later date and could not get the family suite that we booked for our second and third nights.

After our first night in the mini-suite we moved to the family suite. We felt like we had moved into a San Francisco apartment, it was so spacious! We had one of the end rooms with the large curved windows, that you can see in the hotel picture. We really loved the space the room offered.

This hotel is very convenient to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiardelli Square and the end of two cable car lines. We accessed the city by walking, cable cars and public transportation. You can buy a daily transportation pass for $15.00 per person, which pays for itself after two cable car rides.

We really enjoyed the our stay at this hotel and would recommend it for its room size. Few hotels in this area offer rooms that sleep more than 4.

Room Tip: If you have a family of five or six, I would definitely reserve the family suite. The corner room...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank so much for staying and for posting your experience online. We are so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. It is so nice to have all the latest and greatest things such as a new upgraded Wi-Fi system and in room HD-and HD tv's. Thank you again and we are so glad you had a great stay. See you soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was traveling with my daughter and used our IHG points to book this property. I thought Hawaii was expensive. Being in this town for two days was enough for me and my pocketbook. For the amount of points used to book this hotel, I was expecting a little more. Like a view at the very least. I got a room with the view of nothing but the other side of the hotel and tiny crack to the left of a store. It was nice being on the top floor so we didn't have to worry about elephant feet pounding from rooms above us. The one thing this property has going for them is the location. It is a very short 5 minute walk from the wharf, ghiradelli square, and the cable car station.

The breakfast is decent. Turkey sausage, gravy, eggs, bagels, cinnamon buns, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, and a pancake machine that pops out small pancakes. That machine literally pops out a flapjack every minute. Here's my tip to other travelers: If there is a long line of patrons waiting for them, just hit the OK button multiple times. If you only select how many YOU want, the system resets and it takes forever for it to set up to pop out the next set of them. Just queue up a ton and take what you want. Then put another plate under the machine for the next person. It runs more efficiently that way.

The room we had was a 1 king bedroom. It was of decent size. The bed and pillows were very comfy and I had really good rest. The bathroom was nice. Spacious with tons of counter space. I liked that the tv had hbo and other channels. Not just basic. The room was well lit, well decorated, and the temps were always nice. I just wish we had a view of a mountain or the water. Not the corridor of other hotel rooms. There is no fridge in our room. We have an ice bucket and a small coffee pot. Water pressure in the shower was decent. I like that they have a clothesline in the shower.

I didn't check out the fitness room or laundromat areas. What killed me with this place is the parking. We're not from here and not familiar with the area. To drive around and find another place to park was difficult for us. The traffic is a monster in itself. Thank god we were only here for two nights. The valet parking for this hotel is $45 plus tax per night. Ouch. I was later told by someone that there was a parking lot around the corner a block away for $25 per night. Oh well.

The first morning we were here, we were awaken by a ton of loud talking out in the hall. It was the cleaning ladies. Our room was across from the staff room. OMG! It was loud and non stop. Seriously?!!! We were trying to sleep and it was just completely out of control. I couldn't tell if the chinese ladies were fighting or just mad at something. Geez!!! And we even had the Shh do not disturb sign on our door. We didn't need service for the two nights we were here. They did give us extra shampoo and conditioner. Everyone that works here is very friendly. Including the valet guy.

Aside from the sting of the valet parking fees, the stay was nice. Now back to my home sweet home, HAWAII. Aloha O'e SFO.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us as well as posting your thoughts. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay as well as our housekeeping and front of house staff. I am sorry that guest noise in the hall seemed to bother you. I can all ways suggest to call the desk as we promptly try to resolve all noise and room issues. Well thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had the good pleasure of spending two nights at the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed at! We arrived in the morning and we were checked in early to our comfortable, quiet 4 th floor room. Every worker from housekeeping to floor workers greeted us and made us feel welcomed! Close to everything it was an ideal location for our first visit to the city!

Room Tip: 4th floor inner are quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying as well as posting your experience here online. I am so happy we got a Wow !.. I will take it lol. Thank you again so much as we do get a kick when your traveler enjoys there stay with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

Address: 550 North Point Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
Location: United States > California > San Francisco > North Beach
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
#58 Family Hotel in San Francisco
#65 Romantic Hotel in San Francisco
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf 3*
Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
Holiday Inn San Francisco
San Francisco Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.