We just got back from spending 8 days in San Francisco at the Holiday Inn Express near the famous Fisherman's Wharf. I have to say that all my experiences with the hotel were positive. The room was clean and quiet. On the second night we asked for a 'room with a view', as most rooms face inner court yards. We were promptly accommodated with a 3rd floor room facing Beach St. Although a bit noisier because of traffic it was exactly what I asked for. The temperature cooled on the third day and I noticed the heater/AC unit wasn't functioning in the room. It was repaired while we were out exploring the city and worked flawlessly the rest of our stay. The hotel does provide a free breakfast, and that saved us time and money scrounging for an early morning restaurant. However, a little more variety in the meat and egg choices would have been nice. The front desk staff and concierge service were friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable for all of our queries and requests. Cleaning and maintenance staff always smiled and greeted us in a friendly manner. I did not have a car but did hear other guests grumbling about the cost of parking. But an quick internet check will reveal that this hotel is inline with others in the area. We preferred to walk about and also took advantage of the 7 day visitor pass for the 'Muni' (unlimited cable car, street car and bus). A great bargain for only $29 for a week. This hotel is within walking distance of the famous Pier 39 at Fisherman's wharf and other similar attractions.We tried a different restaurant every day and were not disappointed with any of them.
In short, we had a fantastic vacation and this hotel definitely contributed to smiles on our faces and the pleasant memories we'll retain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf